Bank Theatre Practitioners
Theatre Practitioners Anesthetic, Scrub, Recovery Nurses for RNTNEH
Bank work - flexible hours
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Bank Theatre Practitioners Anesthetic/Scrub/Recovery Nurses for RNTNEH
The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital (RNTNEH) is the UK’s largest ear, nose and throat hospital and Europe’s centre for audiological medicine and research. UCLH, situated in the heart of London, is one of the largest NHS trusts in the United Kingdom and provides first-class acute and specialist services in eight hospitals, with the RNTNEH having recently transferred to the Trust.
The Theatres department at the RNTNEH deal with all aspects of ENT from minor procedures such as putting in grommets to major complex head and neck surgery. The department are seeking Anaesthetic, Scrub and Recovery Nurses and ODP’s to join the Bank to work at the site, with flexible shifts or formal line of work arrangements available.
To be a successful member of the bank you will need:
• To be a registered nurse or ODP and be NMC or HPC registered;
• Experience of working within ENT Theatre;
• Experience of working in the NHS;
• To be committed to work within a small multi-disciplinary team in an acute hospital setting with a strong understanding of the importance of supportive and flexible team working;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach to the provision of high quality care;
• To show a strong commitment to personal and professional development, to be able to think on your feet, working well autonomously and as part of a team;
• To understand the importance of maintaining patient safety and minimising risk in accordance with Trust policy and procedure;
• The ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times;
The hours for these roles would be flexible upon agreement with the department, and could either be on a formal line of work basis with a minimum amount of weekly hours agreed with the department (up to 37.5 hours per week) or on an ad-hoc shift basis. In return for your commitment we offer competitive rates of pay and the ability to view shifts using our online systems. You will have the opportunity to work within a dedicated team committed to excellence in care, which is built on a strong tradition of excellence in education and training.
The bank at UCLH is provided by a third party supplier, Bank Partners (a division of Pulse). As a member of the bank, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of Bank Partners and will not be automatically entitled to the same benefits of permanent Trust employees. If you have any queries about working for the bank at UCLH please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have problems applying, contact
1st Floor, Caledonia House
223 Pentonville Road
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).