Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia.
We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
We have an immediate need for Registered Nurses in our Emergency Departments across Western Nova Scotia.
Communities include Yarmouth, Shelburne, Digby, Annapolis Royal, Lunenburg, Liverpool, Middleton, Kentville and Bridgewater. This is a pooling posting, your application will be paired with an existing vacancy. To view all of our current
vacancies, please go to https://jobs.nshealth.ca/.
Reporting to the Manager, the Registered Nurse works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The RN provides leadership and applies advanced nursing knowledge within specific practice settings, and in-depth nursing knowledge, skills and judgment in providing care to all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities). The Nurse will demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice, maintain appropriate clinical competencies, participate on committees and interdisciplinary teams and contributes to a healthy workplace while practicing within the RN scope of practice.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia (CRNNS)
- Current CPR certification required
- Recent, relevant experience within the last two (2) years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and supervise patient/resident care
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision-making skills in crisis situations
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Physical and mental capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Required or willing to obtain: ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, Cardiac Monitoring, CTAS, Mental Health First Aid and NVCI
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
Salary Information: $33.6701 - $39.6697 hourly & $41.0580 with 25 years RN experience
Incentives: Successful candidates may be eligible for up to a $10,000 bonus upon signing, subject to a two (2) year Return of Service Agreement based on vacancy qualifying criteria and operational needs. Candidates may also be eligible for a
relocation allowance of up to $2,500 if relocating from within Nova Scotia and up to $5,000 if relocating from outside Nova Scotia, with original and approved receipts.
For full position details and to apply please click Apply Now below.