Band 5 Dietician
Department: Xyla Health & Wellbeing
Band Level: Band 4 or 5
Salary: £24,709 per annum
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts between 8am - 8pm + occasional Saturdays
Contract: Permanent, Full time
As part of Acacium Group our Health & Wellbeing Division has been selected to deliver the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NHS DPP) across the UK. NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK have committed to improving efforts to prevent diabetes, and this collaborative programme aims to help the 5 million people who are at risk of developing the disease. The Programme comprises of physical activity and dietary components, underpinned by behaviour change techniques.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a Band 5 Dietitian to deliver the National Adult Weight Management Service. The new NHS Commissioned programme comprises of Physical activity, weight management and dietary components underpinned by behaviour change techniques and is delivered at a national level by a team of dieticians.
The Band 5 Dietitian will be responsible for delivering 1 to 1 session which facilitate health improvement with a non-judgemental and motivational approach. Successful candidates will have strong clinical experience including prior experience in supporting patients with weight management and be familiar with phone-based interventions.
What you will be doing
- Deliver one to one patient consultations remotely via phone
- Support Service User engagement strategy to ensure adherence to the programme and minimise drop-outs
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical records
- Collaborate with internal teams within the MDT to support the delivery of the National Adult Weight Management programme
- Maintain adequate CPD and continue to meet HCPC registration requirements
We believe to be successful within this role, you will need to have
- An appropriate degree recognised for registration with HCPC
- Additional training in areas such as motivational interviewing and behaviour change will be desirable
- HCPC registered Dietitian
- Membership of BDA or evidence of alternative professional indemnity insurance
- Previous experience of presenting information in a confident, engaging and interactive manner to adults
What we can offer you
In exchange for your hard work we can offer you a competitive salary, 25 days holiday which increases with years of service, company pension scheme, season travel ticket loan, holiday incentives abroad and awards for excellent performance alongside the opportunity to be part of a supportive and successful team.
When you join Acacium Group, you will work in a caring culture that prioritises your well-being, is passionate, ambitious and delivers with integrity. Constant and reliable, we care about every colleague having a fulfilling and positive experience as part of our team. From personal development to career pathways and opportunities, competitive benefits, and being part of a global business, we help every person be the best version of themselves.
About Acacium Group
We are collaborative in our common purpose to improve people’s lives through expert healthcare, social care, and life sciences. Everything we do is powered by people. From the expertise of our people to our long-standing client relationships, we’re proud to be a company that’s committed to the human side of business.
Always by your side - driven by excellence - putting people first
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Further details / informal visits contact
- Bilal Badul
- Job title
- Resourcing Partner
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0203 967 0954
If you have problems applying, contact
Independent Clinical Services
223 Pentonville Road