- Main area
- Mental Health Services
- Permanent role
- Job ref
- Auckland District Health Board
- Employer type
- Public (Non NHS)
- Mental Health Services ADHB
- Auckland , New Zealand
- 31/03/2019 23:59
Community Mental Health Overnight Nurse
- Be an important part of the interface between the Emergency Department and Liaison psychiatry
- You can choose to work as permanent full time or part time
Liaison psychiatry is based at Auckland City Hospital and we are seeking for an enthusiastic, motivated registered nurse to provide specialist advice and consultation for people with mental health issues to the Emergency Department. The role is primarily overnight and based within Emergency Department at Auckland City Hospital.
The role includes facilitating a single point of access to mental health and coordination of acute assessment and treatment and remuneration will be on the senior nursing scale.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to improving health of individuals.
You also have:
- A current registered nurse registration and APC (or eligible to register with NZ Nursing Council)
- Level 4 PDRP
- Duly Authorised Office status
- Minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- Community mental health nursing experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation of care needs
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills including negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A clear aptitude and track record for working effectively in both a team environment and autonomously
- A willingness to contribute to quality improvement projects
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori and Pacific communities. Our organisation values diversity, inclusivity and empathy, if you do too, apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
If you have a good work ethic and you are keen to utilise your well-developed skills in an interesting and challenging environment, then please apply online via the Apply link on this site attaching your CV and covering letter.
For any query or help applying online please contact Teenie Nguyen - Recruitment Coordinator on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 31 March 2019
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is not a Children's Worker as defined by the Act.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document
title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document
in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the
document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
List jobs with Auckland District Health Board in Nursing and midwifery or all sectors