Training Programme Director - Faculty Support
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
The Anaesthesia Educational Supervisor faculty has been exhausted during COVID.
The faculty need support and encouragement to engage to support their trainees with renewed effort during COVID recovery and transition to the new curriculum.
The postholder will deliver training and support to the Educational Supervisors to ensure that they are equipped to support the trainees through the transition to the new curriculum and COVID recovery.
Main duties of the job
You will work with the Head of School to produce doctors who will strive for the highest standards of patient-centred care and commit themselves to a lifetime of professional development.
Working for our organisation
Health Education England, working in the East Midlands, is looking for a Training Programme Director to join this School. Our work is set within the Five Year forward view for the NHS and is defined by the HEE Mandate from Government. It is part of the consensus on how the NHS needs to change, with a key focus on prevention and a commitment to reducing health inequalities and promoting equality and diversity.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You can find further details about the job, organisational structure, recruitment profile, expected outcomes and benefits information in the attached Job Description and other supporting documents.
Applicants from within the NHS will be offered on a secondment basis only, agreement should be obtained from their employer prior to submitting the application.
Qualifications and Training
- Primary clinical healthcare qualification and currently working at consultant level or equivalent in the specialty school area.
- Attendance at courses aimed to support educational development
Behaviours and Values
- An academic interest in training and education across primary and secondary care
Experience and Knowledge
- Considerable experience of working with learners or doctors in training in an educational context including training delivery in service and education
- Experience of clinical and educational leadership and innovation, including managing a multi-professional team
- Knowledge of the NHS and understanding of developments involving the relevant Colleges/Faculties, professional bodies, related NHS organisations and regulatory bodies.
Skills and Abilities
- Committed to own personal development and an ability to support others to develop and progress
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Ralph Leighton
- Job title
- Head of School
- Email address