Crynodeb o'r swydd
Team Lead Occupational Therapist (ED & Falls)
Royal Berkshire Hospital are pleased to announce that following our CQC inspection we have been rated ‘Good’ with inspectors reporting that we have made significant improvements. The Trust’s overall rating has also improved to ‘good’. This is a great opportunity to join our clinical or non-clinical teams to create a positive and motivating environment within our trust. Come and join our team in this exciting time of change as we pride ourselves, our staff and our services on excellence.
At the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust we put our patients at the heart of every element of health and care that we provide. The Trust works together as a community to deliver its vision which is “Working together to provide outstanding care for our community.”
We are Compassionate in our thoughts, words and actions
We are Aspirational and have a true desire to be dynamic and to innovate
We are Resourceful and responsible in the way we work and live
We are Excellent in our development, fairness and sharing best practice
Amazing things happen at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust; delivered by amazing people so why don’t you come and join us. We offer a range of learning and development for all employees may you be clinical or non-clinical.
Trosolwg o'r swydd
- To provide clinical leadership and be responsible for the operational management of Occupational Therapists working in the Emergency Department, Acute Medical Unit, Short Stay Unit and covering the Falls & Frailty Services (a joint project with SCAS responding to 999 calls relating to falls and frailty with a specialist paramedic) at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust.
- To provide highly specialised Occupational Therapy knowledge and skills. Be responsible for the assessment and management of your own complex clinical caseload working as an autonomous practitioner.
- To ensure a high quality, effective and efficient Occupational Therapy service, contributing to planning and policy development in the Occupational Therapy service.
- To support the Professional lead of Therapies in the development of the service through clinical initiatives, modernisation projects and quality initiatives.
Prif ddyletswyddau'r swydd
- To act as the lead clinical representative on agreed clinical and service development groups and boards.
- To ensure the service is covered adequately from 8am – 8pm by ensuring a rota is published in a timely manner.
- To provide expert training, advice and clinical education to service providers, service users and service commissioners.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your clinical and professional activities.
- To apply expert professional clinical knowledge and leadership skills to ensure that service users receive care/services based on their needs and that all providers deliver these services to the best of their abilities.
- To develop and maintain close working relationships and communication with users, consultants, commissioners and other existing and potential referrers in order to maximise the effectiveness of the Emergency Department service whilst ensuring high levels of patient care.
Gweithio i'n sefydliad
The Emergency Department is a fantastic place to work with strong MDT approach to supporting patients to get the best outcomes possible. The Occupational Therapy team is highly regarded and crucial in the smooth running of the department.
In many areas, the Trust is nationally recognised as delivering outstanding care and the Therapies service is fully focused on delivering on the trusts ambition to continue to enhance this excellent work. This is embodied in the Therapies service vision - to deliver a high quality, patient centred, modern service which promotes innovative thinking and prioritises the development of staff.
Come and join our team as we pride ourselves, our staff and our services on excellence.
Swydd ddisgrifiad a phrif gyfrifoldebau manwl
- To develop and lead specified clinical training programmes for service users and Therapists.
- To develop and maintain knowledge and skills required to practise at an advanced level.
- To develop and maintain personal, clinical and leadership skills through supervision and a personal development plan.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of current developments within the NHS and specialist area of occupational therapy.
- To contribute to, and take ownership of, service and business developments, as required by the Professional Lead of Therapies.
- To demonstrate a sound knowledge of Clinical Governance and have an active role in clinical effectiveness and audit programmes in order to develop and improve services, taking the lead role as required e.g. development or introduction of Clinical Guidelines.
Manyleb y person
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Meini prawf hanfodol
- To have a degree or other recognised qualification in occupational therapy
- Working at an advance clinical specialist level, as demonstrated by ongoing CPD , evidence-based project work, lecturing
- HPC Registered
- Extensive post graduate experience
- Substantial specialist experience at a senior level
- In depth understanding of conditions treated in specialist area of work.
- • Advanced knowledge and experience of a wide range of approaches to the management of highly complex conditions, including advanced clinical reasoning and treatment skills
- • Post-graduate training/qualification in the management of specialist condition in designated area.
- Experience of teaching and presenting to other staff
- Experience of supervising and developing other staff and students
- Able to demonstrate continuing professional development at a post graduate level e.g. up to date CPD portfolio
Meini prawf hanfodol
- UK Driving Licence
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr 1974 (Eithriadau) 1975 (Diwygio) (Cymru a Lloegr) 2020 a bydd angen cyflwyno Datgeliad i'r Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Alyss Nowell
- Teitl y swydd
- Therapy Lead
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- Rhif ffôn
- 0118 322 5215
- Additional information
Alyss Nowell (Professional Lead Occupational Therapist) on 0118 322 5215 or email@example.com