Crynodeb o'r swydd
Dental Technician band 5
Trosolwg o'r swydd
Please note: there is 1 full time vacancy and 1 fixed term 12 month vacancy available
The post is based in a Specialised Restorative Dentistry Laboratory, within Birmingham Dental Hospital, which provides technical support for consultants, senior and junior clinical staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students in a wide range of dental specialties.
To provide a range of restorative dentistry technical services, with particular emphasis on the design, planning and construction of highly specialised and precision conservation dentistry procedures, including individual crown and routine bridgework and non-routine restorative work.
We are looking for highly motivated individual to join our large team of technicians, we are a busy lab so need someone who can work independently, as well as part of a team. You will need to be able to organise your workload, be able to interact with both staff and dental students to discuss patient cases and also interact with patients on clinic from time to time. We are happy to give training to help work within a hospital setting, as we differ from a commercial lab, we do every job from start to finish. We have great opportunities for extra training, i.e Cad cam, so if you would like to learn all around skills then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Prif ddyletswyddau'r swydd
- Assisting senior laboratory staff in the absence of the Laboratory Manager with general administrative duties
- Achieving a consistently high standard in the production of restorations including both single and multi unit metal bonded to ceramic restorations using semi and fully adjustable articulators.
- Advising/assisting consultants, senior and junior staff and undergraduate students on technical/clinical problems relating to patient treatment plans
- Working to tight turnaround times
- Discussing with and advising undergraduate students on matters of techniques, restoration design and material selection.
- Shade matching with regards to patient expectations.
- Planning, designing and constructing diagnostics wax-ups, including occlusal splints, both hard and soft for treatment planning
- Being competent in the use of porcelain, composite materials, precious and non- precious cast dental alloys including the production of working models
- Planning, co-ordinating and prioritising daily personal workload to meet laboratory deadlines and service requirements on a daily basis.
- Assisting in the routine day-to-day running of the laboratory and assisting undergraduate students, clinical and nursing with enquiries and the collection of completed work using Labtac
- Dealing with internal and external telephone enquiries routinely.
- Being competent working in the laboratory environment and utilising various specialised machinery within the laboratory .
Gweithio i'n sefydliad
- Please ensure you check your TRAC account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you during the shortlisting and selection process.
- Please ensure all sections of the application form are completed fully. Please particularly ensure that you provide full details of all referees including BUSINESS EMAIL ADDRESS, telephone contact details and postal address.
Be Part of Our Team...
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BCHC) has more than 5000 staff working across Birmingham and the West Midlands in a wide range of community nursing and specialist healthcare roles. BCHC delivers over 100 clinical services, in people's homes, health centres, clinics and inpatient facilities. We deliver a wide range of services for children, young people, parents and families as well as adults and community services, two community hospitals, services for people with learning disabilities, the internationally recognised West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre and one of Europe’s leading Dental Hospitals and School of Dentistry. We deliver all of this with a commitment to integrated, personalised care that is rooted in our local communities. We have an ambition to deliver outstanding, integrated care as one of the key NHS providers in the West Midlands.
If you want to ‘Be Part of Our Team’ and work with a Foundation Trust which is continuously striving for better care and healthier communities, we want to hear from you.
Swydd ddisgrifiad a phrif gyfrifoldebau manwl
Our key relationships through our day are Consultants, STR and DCT level clinicians, we also work with our dental students from their 3rd year on wards of their 5 year course, there is around 75 - 80 students per year, so we are extremely busy with the work they do through their training with us. Our dental nursing team are a big part of our working day, they will usually collect the work for the clinics and a great team to work along side.
The work is allocated each day by the Lab Manager/Deputy, the Band 6 senior technicians , give out the work in the absence of the manager.
The work then needs to organised on the bench (usually date order), and once completed, it is then booked out on our Labtrac system and the Administrator for the lab then shelves the work ready for collection.
If needed, Cad Cam training will be given as the position holder will be responsible for doing their own cad work, this will be in line with the band 5 work allocation.
The position holder will need to ensure the Manager is aware of any issues that may result in delaying work going out to a patient, and communications are sent to the relevant clinician/student.
PDR's to be undertaken with the line manager every year, this helps to identify training required/wanted, to help with progression etc.
Wellbeing meetings are held with staff to try and help with any concerns both inside and outside of work if needed, and to try and help with work life balance to help staff be happier and more productive at work.
Manyleb y person
Meini prawf hanfodol
- GDC reistration
- Bsc/Btech Diploma in Dental Technology/ or equivalent
- Demonstrate interest in Continuing Professional Development
Meini prawf dymunol
- Competent use of relevant IT systems
Skills, knowledge Experience
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Ability to design and construct a full range of crown and bridge medical devices
- Specialist knowledge of a wide range of technical procedures
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr 1974 (Eithriadau) 1975 (Diwygio) (Cymru a Lloegr) 2020 a bydd angen cyflwyno Datgeliad i'r Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Louise Carey
- Teitl y swydd
- Lab Manager/Deputy
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- [email protected]
- Rhif ffôn
- 0121 466 5281
- Gwybodaeth i gefnogi eich cais
please contact me between 9am - 3.30pm if you require any further information, or should you wish to come and look around the hospital and Lab area.