COVID-19 – Registered HC Professional - Clinical Supervisor - Band 6
Your NHS needs you!
COVID-19 Vaccination Programme Registered Health Care Professional (RHCP) - Clinical Supervisor
With clinical trials having progressed well we are delivering COVID-19 vaccines to millions of at-risk people across the country.
And with the recent Department for Health and Social Care consultation on temporary changes to legislation we can allow a wider group of staff to vaccinate with appropriate training.
We are looking for registered NHS colleagues who are willing to take on a role and who are willing to be trained to once again put themselves forward to lend a hand.
You will be paid for training hours completed; this is at a standard rate that is currently under review but we can confirm it will be no less than stated below:
1 hour at your hourly rate
7.5 hours at your hourly rate
Main duties of the job
As a COVID-19 Clinical Supervisor you be responsible for overseeing a team of Immunisers.
You will responsible for:
- Supervising clinical assessments of patients prior to vaccination
- Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories, any potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- Ensuring the vaccination station, from set up to running the station, complies with relevant procedures
- Clinical supervision of safe immunisations
- Supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine before administration and ensuring that each vaccine activity is recorded.
- Delivery of the safe immunisation service and assisting any agreed changes needed within the setting and service areas.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to policies and procedures
Working for our organisation
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists, HCPC for allied health care professionals.
- Further training or experience in a clinical supervisory position
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake
Knowledge and experience
- Previous experience in similar role in public sector
- Previous experience in immunisation and vaccination
- Knowledge of immunisation schedules in accordance with national recommendations
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills to use of word document, internet access and email correspondence and electronic record keeping.
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant subject to post graduate level
Skills Capabilities & Attributes
- Effective skills in communicating complex and sensitive information and in difficult situations, requiring empathy, reassurance, persuasion and influence.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues
- Ability to make decisions on difficult issues where there may be a number of courses of action
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- The Recruitment Team
- Job title
- The Recruitment Team
- Email address