Patient Experience Manager
NHS AfC: Band 7
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust provides integrated acute and community Healthcare in the West Midlands serving a population of 260,000 residents. Walsall Manor Hospital houses the full range of district general hospital services. The £170 million development was completed in 2010 and we are continually upgrading. Construction of the new integrated critical care unit was completed in 2018, extension of a Neonatal Unit and an approved plan to build a brand new, state of the art Emergency Department which will commence in 2021
We provide high quality, friendly and effective community health services from multiple sites covering Walsall. Our multidisciplinary services include rapid response and homebased care, so that those with long term conditions and the frail elderly can remain in their own homes.
We are recommended by colleagues as a place to work which is supported by the trusts values to work as part of a team, being respectful, compassionate and professional. We are committed to investing in our workforce
Following our recent CQC visit the Trust was rated as outstanding for care and this has been recognised by NHS Improvement. We are committed to delivering high quality care in our wards and services and as part of our improvement plan to become an outstanding Trust by 2022
The work we do is highly rewarding, and in addition to an attractive salary, we offer a valuable range of benefits, including: salary sacrifice scheme; car leasing scheme; on-site staff accommodation (subject to availability); the ability to retain your NHS pension (where applicable) or the opportunity to join an alternative scheme; and the opportunity to develop and implement your expertise in an encouraging yet challenging environment
RESPECT - COMPASSION - TEAMWORK - PROFESSIONALISM
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Patient Experience Manager to join our team. We would like to hear from you if you are passionate about improving patient and staff experiences.
About the team
The role sits with in the Nursing Directorate and is line managed by the Head of Patient Relations. You will work closely with divisional teams and be a key stakeholder in the commencement and completion of any patient facing project or initiative to ensure the voice of the patient is considered throughout and is responsive to patient’s feedback - ultimately driving service and quality improvements, resulting in excellent patient experience. This includes analysing patient satisfaction survey results and assessing these against service standards, producing and presenting update reports in relation to these. The post holder will be a key member of cross-departmental working groups, leading and supporting work streams and projects across the hospital that impact on the development of quality patient experience. The post holder will also provide effective leadership acting as a catalyst for change management to achieve sustainable patient experience improvements
About the role:
The Patient Experience Manager will be responsible for the collection, analysis and dissemination of patient and carer feedback and the trust wide survey programme, including the Friends and Family Test (FFT).
Key areas of responsibility:
To manage the patient experience survey programme, with responsibility for ensuring the Trust’s Patient Experience agenda is embedded across the organisation including the Friends and Family Test (FFT), National and Local Surveys including:
• Contract and relationship with the FFT & National survey programme providers
• All surveys, reporting and analysis and development of bespoke project-specific evaluation materials
• Analysis of patient experience data and provision of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Triangulation of trust wide patient experience feedback
• Provision of ad-hoc project-specific data analysis
• Professionally support patient experience initiatives, service and patient user involvement, engaging and negotiating with a wide range of colleagues at all levels in the organisation and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for the provision and management of the Voluntary Service. This includes professional guidance to managers, staff and relevant stakeholders on the role of the Voluntary Service and the involvement and management of volunteers in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
• Responsible for establishing and managing Memorandum of Understanding/Agreements with external partners and monitoring performance.
• To manage and develop the team of staff within the Patient Experience and Voluntary Service with overall management responsibility for the volunteers throughout the Trust including recruitment and retention practices.
• Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the Trust Volunteer Strategy, Policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient experience, and serious about pursuing a rewarding role in healthcare, this role might be the perfect fit for you.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Garry Perry
- Job title
- Head of Patient Relations
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01922 656463