Registered Nurse - Emergency Gynaecology Assessment Unit
We run three busy hospital sites at Peterborough, Huntingdon and Stamford and provide outpatient services in two community hospitals in Ely and Doddington. Our 6,000 staff serve a growing population of 750,000 across North Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
Are you passionate about Women's Health?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two enthusiastic and committed Registered General Nurses to join our Emergency Gynaecology Assessment Unit (EGAU). These are Fixed Term, part-time roles working a flexible shift pattern including weekends and bank holidays.
Your base will be at Peterborough City Hospital, but all staff are asked to support services at other Trust sites as needed.
Main duties of the job
We are a friendly team of nurses, HCAs, sonographers, consultants/doctors, administrative staff and counsellors providing a high standard of patient care.
We are looking for dynamic caring Registered General Nurses who are great communicators, non-judgemental, and passionate about women's health. We would like you to be a great team player but also able to work on your own initiative. We offer training and support.
The abortion service runs from this area, so staff must be pro-choice.
It would also be preferable that you have previous experience working in gynaecology and/ or pre-assessment.
Working for our organisation
We recognise the need to develop modern working practices to enable our employees to maximise their performance and productivity whilst maintaining a good work life balance and so have adopted an Agile working methodology as outlined within our Agile and Flexible Working Policy.
Agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust and options are detailed on the Agile Working Matrix attached to this post. Talk to the recruiting manager about what this means in practice for you
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Act always in the patients best interests
- Protect and maintain patient privacy and dignity
- Provide individualised care respecting personal beliefs and preferences
- Work within a clinical team alongside the Lead Nurses, Clinical teams, Practice Development Team (PDT) and the Multidisciplinary
- to provide the highest quality care required
- to support each patient in their care pathway, whilst improving the patient experience, maintaining clinical credibility and disseminating knowledge.
Please refer to the Job Description for further information
- Registered General Nurse
- Post registration experience
- emergency pathways, surgical, gynaecology experience
- Pre-assessment experience
- Venepuncture, cannulation or willing to train
- Child Protection
- Abortion Act knowledge
- interpersonal skills
- Prioritise work, and experience in busy environment
- reliable, calm, professional
- flexible and adaptable to working hours and practices2
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Laura Rutherford
- Job title
- Gynaecology Service Manager/ Lead Nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01733 677291
- Additional information
To find out more, please contact Laura Rutherford, Gynaecology Service Manager and Lead Nurse or Tsitsi (Grace) Taiwo, Gynaecology Outpatient Sister on 01733 677291.
If you have problems applying, contact
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- 01480 847534