At the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust we pride ourselves on not only leading through clinical excellence, but also by creating an environment where all staff are valued and appreciated. The Trust has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality patient care and is nationally accredited at the highest levels in many areas, in particular clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Our Vision for the Trust is to deliver NHS care locally that makes our staff and our community proud. We want our patients to be assured they will receive care as rapidly as possible in a first-class environment that is Safe, Kind and Effective.
Our High Performance Culture will support everyone to be the best version of themselves by being true to our Trust vision, values and behaviors.
Applications are invited for a substantive post for the position of Consultant Geriatrician.
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS FT is an RCP Future Hospital exemplar site and continues to transform its urgent care pathways, by working closely with our community health and social care providers, as well as Western Cheshire CCG to deliver an integrated model that increases the utilisation of ambulatory and short stay care whilst supporting enhanced care delivery within the community. The Trust has a strong Medical Education department and the post holder would have a significant educational role. The Trust has also been successful in securing 5 additional CMT posts to rotate through Acute Medicine/ACU/Frailty.
Current elderly care services include
- Community Geriatric services operating through our dedicated Emergency Multidisciplinary Unit (EMU) frailty including specialist elderly care nurses, advanced clinical practitioners, therapists, pharmacists and a AGE UK wellbeing coordinator
- Two general geriatric medicine wards with an enhanced multidisciplinary team approach to care
- A highly rated hyperacute stroke service providing 24/7 consultant led thrombolysis, hyperacute stroke unit and stroke research portfolio
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary falls and orthogeriatric liaison services
- Dementia service including dedicated elderly care psychiatrist (in addition to the above elderly care consultants) and dementia liaison nurses
- Multidisciplinary movement disorders service
- Comprehensive discharge to assess pathways
- Wide ranging undergraduate and postgraduate education including new working relationships with Chester University’s Clinical MD programme. There is therefore the future possibility of applicants working in this programme if desired.
The Elderly care department at the Countess of Chester consists of an enthusiastic and dynamic group of consultants committed to providing high quality core geriatric specialist care. The post offers an exciting opportunity to join this team and the successful candidate will have many opportunities to influence the rapid development occurring within elderly care in West Cheshire
The Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has retained the 40 Top Hospital award this year, and has achieved this every year since the award was instituted in 2001.Our aim is to be the preferred hospital of choice for patients. Chester is a beautiful historic Roman city, which also provides easy access to the North Wales countryside and coast.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Saurabh Shandilya, Lead Clinician.
Telephone Number: 01244 366294
Dr Tim Webster, Clinical Director.
Telephone Number: 01244 362168 (Secretaries)