Domestic Support Worker Higher Level
NHS AfC: Band 2
''A great place to be cared for; a great place to work''
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay has been nationally recognised as the UK’s most inclusive NHS organisation. As such we have a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from likeminded people who can support our ambition to become effortlessly inclusive. We are particularly keen to hear from protected groups – including BAME, LGBT+ and people with a disability.
Would you like to be part of a Team ensuring high standards of cleanliness are achieved for patients, visitors and staff?
Main duties of the job
Are you passionate about service delivery and keen to develop in a role within a support setting?
Do you want to go home at the end of your shift knowing you helped make your local hospital a great place to be cared for?
If you have answered yes to any of the above then we want to hear from you!
This vacancy is for
- 1 x 37.5 hour position .08:00-16:00 5 days over 7
£19,337 pro rata per annum,
Working for our organisation
Here at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust, employees and patients are at the heart of everything that we do. We have new exciting opportunities to join our Facilities department at Royal Lancaster Infirmary as a Domestic Assistant to support the Trust in delivering a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. The role has one full time vacancy including weekend shifts. Working for the NHS also has various benefits and discounts, such as Childcare Vouchers, salary sacrifice schemes for employees who work with UHMBT (car leasing, electronic devises, cycling to work) and many more benefits at local shops and fitness centres.We look forward to receiving your application.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Anyone newly appointed to the trust will be subject to the completion of a satisfactory 6 month probationary period (this includes bank staff). This will give the new staff member an opportunity to become familiar with the role and working environment.
Education and qualifications
- Evidence in good literacy and numeracy skills
- Possess or is willing to work towards a BIC's Qualification or equivalent NVQ Level 2
- Health and Safety
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to work on your own or in a team without direct supervision
- Knowledge of cleaning in a healthcare establishment
- Knowledge of the potential of cross contamination within a healthcare setting
Skills, ability and knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly and effective
- Ability to plan your own workload
- Be able to understand writtern and spoken instructions
- Be able to use heavy equipment on a regular basis
- Be able to handle hazardous cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
- Knowedge of infection control in the cleaning environment
- Deal with a diverse range of people face to face
- Ability to communicate within a team and provide diverse feedback to colleagues and line managers
- Presentable, polite and friendly manner
- Be adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of the service
- Ability to rectify cleaning standards in a timely manner
- Ability to travel
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship hereWork in the UK. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found hereCriminal records checks for overseas applicants. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Bonnie Brocklebank
- Job title
- Asst Patient Services Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Call Bonnie Brocklebank on 01524 512234