Consultant in Geriatric Medicine
NHS Medical & Dental: Locum Consultant
The opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Geriatrician to join our team in Care of the Elderly at West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will contribute to the development of our same day and short stay assessment services and the implementation of rapid access frailty assessments, offering Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, there will be the potential to establish new ways of working with community colleagues based in Integrated Care Communities. Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 may be available for successful applicants moving to the region.
Working for our organisation
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We’re responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of ‘safe, high quality care every time’.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council.
- Specialist Registration for geriatrics and GIM. MRCP
- Entry on the GMC specialist register via relevant CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview), relevant CESR or European Community Rights
- High level of clinical experience and competence in Geriatrics and GIM
- Excellent communication skills with patients, colleagues, managers and other staff
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Completed Higher Specialist Training (CCT) in Geriatrics or evidence of equivalent competency.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Paul Mead
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01946 523563