Registered Nurse - EAU4 previously Forrest Ward
NHS AfC: Band 5
EAU4, Level 4, are currently in the process of transitioning back to a short stay ward. We are a 24 bedded unit with a mixture of medical, surgical, orthopaedic and gynaecological patients.
We have close contact with both our Emergency department and the Medical Receiving Unit to create flow between our areas. Our aim is to facilitate high quality care whilst focusing on discharge planning early on or transferring patients to specialist wards if needed. This is a fast-paced department and would benefit from someone who is looking for a challenge and has experience in an acute setting.
We are looking for highly motivated and innovative Registered Nurses to join our Team. It is an exciting time to be joining us where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills within a supportive environment
Working on the ward is both exciting and challenging and we work closely with all MDT colleagues. You will be supported by your Band 6 co-ordinator Medical team and Ward Manager.
**Full and Part time hours available**
Main duties of the job
- To provide a high standard of patient care assisting with the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of each patient.
- To work as a member of the ward to provide a quality service based on need, to all users of the service.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary Team.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Required to work internal rotation.
Working for our organisation
Working as part of a team that respects individual points of view, welcomes suggestions for innovative working and values diversity.
To learn form patient and staff experience good or bad and to celebrate the positive and find ways of learning and changing from the negative sharing both with patients, relatives and colleagues .
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- Registered Nurse with current NMC Pin number
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Proven relevant experience at Band 5
- Safe and competent practitioner aware of own limitations and needs
- IT skills to include data entry, Microsoft word etc.
- Experienced in giving IV medications
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Hayley Chamberlain
- Job title
- Ward manager
- Email address
- Telephone number