Nursery Nurse Practitioner
About our Trust
Our Trust is rated as ‘Outstanding for Caring’ by the CQC – fundamental to this is the way that we value and respect our staff. At every level, we value the diversity of our colleagues and actively champion an inclusive culture. We believe that everyone without exception should feel free to be their authentic self in the workplace.
We understand that work is only one part of life. We are committed to helping our colleagues achieve the best possible work/life balance. We proudly offer supportive, inclusive and family friendly employment and flexible working policies. We have a wide range of professional services and employee networks to help our colleagues be at their best - and find support if they need it.
Our Trust is already a Disability Confident employer and we are holding ourselves to account through the Workplace Disability Equality Standard (WDES). Our work on promoting equity and inclusion for our Black, and Minority Ethnic (BME) colleagues continues to be driven by engagement with the WRES (Workforce Race Equality Standard) and the WRES Experts Programme.
In 2019, we committed ourselves to becoming a Stonewall Top 100 LGBTQ+ Employer. We also support the national ‘Veteran Aware’ scheme and are an ERS Silver accredited Hospital who welcomes applications from all members of the Armed Forces communities.
For our patients, we do everything we can to deliver fair access to all our services. This includes providing interpretative and other services to meet the needs of disabled communities. We're careful to show sensitivity towards ethnic, cultural and religious differences. Our staff uphold these values and so help our care to get better all the time.
About this vacancy
Experienced Nursery Nurse (Level 3 NVQ qualified)
Part Time Mon - Wed 22.5hrs (3 days)
We are looking to recruit a qualified a Nursery Nurse Practitioners (minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent) in a permanent positions for 3 days per week (22.5hrs).
The suitable candidate will need to be experienced with very young children as the post will be based in our baby and 1-2 year old room.
The Sussex House Nursery is an NHS workplace nursery catering for children between the ages of 6 months to 5 years based at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton.
We offer various shifts between the hours of 6.45am – 5:45pm. You will be working alongside other qualified members of staff in a lively and friendly setting.
The Role Involves:
- Directly working with our preschool children therefore the candidate will need to demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience with children of 2 years and under.
- Maintaining high standards in delivering the EYFS curriculum to help children progress according to their developmental needs.
- Working as part of a team in a caring and nurturing environment.
- Supporting children, parents and external professionals in partnership.
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
As an NHS setting in return we will offer:
- Highly competitive salary with excellent pension scheme
- Excellent Holiday entitlement
- Further opportunities for training and support
- Happy and fun working environment
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Tracey Gregory
- Job title
- Childcare Services Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number