Consultant Psychiatrist - CAMHS Inpatient
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust are proud award winners of the HSJ Provider of the Year 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit to the Consultant post in the award winning Inspire CAMHS inpatient unit.
The post holder will principally provide leadership and senior medical input to the Unit. As the Consultant Psychiatrist at Inspire CAMHS inpatient unit you will work as part of a confident and developed clinical MDT in our 13 bedded mental health inpatient unit for young people. Nine beds are for general adolescent admissions and four are PICU (Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit) beds. The inpatient unit is equipped and staffed to treat young people struggling with a wide range of mental health issues such as depression, severe anxiety, psychosis and eating disorders.
This is an exciting prospect, and you will need to be flexible, visionary and have the interpersonal skills to engage with patients and carers, and develop professional working relationships with multi-disciplinary and multi-agency teams.
You will work within an innovative model of treatment in our unit and we’re proud of our Trust community and know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you’ll need from your new team to get you started.
Main duties of the job
The service provides timely and appropriate assessment and intervention which facilitates that young person’s progress on their recovery journey to affect discharge to the care of their local community CAMHS teams. The unit also aims to reduce out-of-area placements for young people across Hull, the East Riding and North and North-East Lincolnshire, cut the lengths of inpatient stays and lead to better outcomes for young people.
We think differently about our psychiatry roles and will work with you to develop an opportunity that works for you. We will support you to balance high quality patient care with pursuing your own special interests within psychiatry, as well as offering opportunities for leadership and management and leadership roles. Whether your focus is on developing your skills for management, research, teaching or innovative service provision, we are here to listen and understand how we can support you to reach your goals.
Find out more about what we offer Consultant Psychiatrists by downloading our Destination Humber Booklet.
Working for our organisation
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC’s national training survey 2016.
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing.
There is a generous relocation package available based on salary, together with the NHS annual leave and study leave entitlement, we have a dedicated administrator for annual appraisal, 360 feedback and revalidation. Free parking at our Trust sites.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
This inpatient post covers 13 beds for the populations of Hull, East Riding and North Lincolnshire. It is expected that there will be daily handovers, biweekly ward reviews/Care Programme Approach reviews.
There is an expectation that the post holder will be involved in the following:
Management of complex cases.
- Clinical leadership of team.
- Assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Participation in undergraduate and postgraduate clinical teaching.
- Participation in the training of other disciplines.
- Providing educational supervision of trainees and other disciplines.
- Taking part in continuing medical education within statutory limits.
Applicants must have full registration with the GMC. Applicants must be included on the GMC’s Specialist Register or Specialty Trainees within 6 months of completing their CCT within Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
Please see attached job description for further information
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management. MRCPsych Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment. Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge in specialty Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge Excellent oral and written communication skills in English Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNING
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation. Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications. Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Kwame Opoku- Fofie
- Job title
- Clinical Director & Deputy Medical Director
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 216624
- Additional information
For informal enquires or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Fofie, Consultant Psychiatrist on telephone number 01482 216624/336699
Dr Sherif Youakim, Medical Lead and Consultant Psychiatrist on telephone number 01482 216624