School Immunisation Nurse - Redbridge
Are you a Nurse or Health Professional with an NMC registration? Do you have experience working in a COVID Vaccination Centre or experience administering medication? We have a number of Bank and Fixed term contracts. Working in a school environment you will benefit from working Monday to Friday with the opportunity to work term time only.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic Health Professionals to deliver the school aged immunisation programme within Redbridge. You will ideally have experience working with young people and delivering immunisations, however training will be provided. You will work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
You will ideally have experience working with young people and delivering immunisations, however training will be provided. You will work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
We offer in return:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Bank or Fixed Term Contracts offering flexible opportunities
- Opportunity for additional hours and ongoing work
- Mon to Fri, 8.00am to 4.00pm
- 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata
- Paid Mileage
Main duties of the job
The focus of the role is to promote and support the health of school aged children via the delivery of the School Aged Immunisation Service in Redbridge. Our services are primarily delivered on-site in schools for children of primary and secondary age, however, we also deliver these immunisations in community clinic settings.
You will demonstrate clinical expertise and governance in all aspects of the service including safeguarding children whilst being supported by robust organisational supervision, guidelines and policies.
Due to the community nature of our services driving is essential and you must have access to a car.
Working for our organisation
Vaccination UK are a dynamic and rapidly expanding company who have been commissioned by NHS England since 2015 to provide school aged immunisations, including Influenza, to pupils across numerous counties and Boroughs in England, including, the Black Country, Hertfordshire, Hereford & Worcester and 9 Boroughs of North East London. From September 2021, we will also have opportunities across East Anglia.
We are rated Good by the Care Quality Commission and we make it our mission to provide an effective, safe and accessible school aged immunisation service. We aim to provide our staff with a workplace environment that is positive and welcoming.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Facilitating and implementing the School Aged Immunisation Service.
- Delivery of a safe immunisation service for school age children to meet the contract KPIs.
- Assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- To undertake Gillick Competency Assessment for relevant pupils according to VUK policy and advise and immunise these pupils accordingly, in order to ensure that they are protected in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and facilitate collaboration between the school aged immunisation team, schools and other educational institutions and families in the planning and delivery of the school aged immunisation programme.
- Promote and deliver the childhood immunisation programme by assessing young people and understanding the pre-requisites of giving an immunisation, understanding the contra-indications and the aftercare
- Assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of health promotion / education and public health activities. related to the Childhood Immunisation campaign, in conjunction with the Immunisation Coordinator and Senior Immunisation Nurse.
- To work autonomously and as part of a team as necessary
- The provision of advice regarding immunisations to individuals, parents and carers, colleagues and associated services.
- Provide support to the relevant clinical networks and strategic immunisation groups if requested by senior management.
Mandatory Training: -
This post is subject to all mandatory training being completed prior to starting. This includes Safeguarding for Children, BLS, Anaphylaxis and Infection Control.
We require all clinical staff to show evidence of immunity to hepatitis B, varicella, measles, mumps and rubella immunity prior to commencing work with us.
- Are you registered in either of the following, NMC, GPhC, HCPC, GDC?
- Do you hold a driving licence?
- Do you have experience working in a COVID Vaccination Centre or experience administering medication
- Do you have experience of working in a school, in the community or in a practice?
- Do you have children's immunisation experience?
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sandrine Molanza
- Job title
- Recruitment Administrator
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01462 459595