Domestic Team Leader
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 2gether Support Solutions prides itself on the delivery of high-quality Facilities, Property and Estates, Procurement, Equipment Management and Professional services.
We put customer service and quality at the heart of everything we do across all of our areas of expertise, from Cleaning and Catering to Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Encompassing five Hospitals across East Kent, (William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury), we are working hard to become an employer of choice by improving pay, and providing opportunities for learning and development in the workplace for all of our employees.
As a Domestic Team Leader, you will be a vital member of a large facilities team, whose responsibility it is to ensure that the hospital itself is always operating within the high standards set for cleanliness, safety and patient service.
Leading a large team and employing strong people management skills, you will use excellent communication skills to motivate and direct the team to consistently achieve high standards of cleanliness and ensure they are doing so following correct and safe procedures.
The Team Leader will undertake operational tasks where required.
Allocate employees and monitor performance.
Liaising and communicating with clinical staff.
- Ensure yourself and others undertake all cleaning duties diligently and according to statutory and regulatory specifications, including compliance with operational policies on H&S, HACCP.
- Report any hazards or potential failures to line manager
- Be responsible for the suitable storage of materials and equipment in line with Health and Safety and COSSH
- Customer satisfaction and relationship building
- Effective communication with all levels of staff
- Providing ad-hoc training to new team members
- You will need to accurately record and feedback results to the Facilities teams
- Encourage standardisation across departments and services, and communication of best practice in the department
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the site
- Participate in training courses to develop knowledge
You must have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a face paced environment e.g. Hospitality
- Knowledge and awareness of COSHH and working to set standards and procedures. It would be advantageous if you are BICS trained
- IT literate – Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills and calm under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Talent Acquisition Advisor
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition Advisor