Facilities Service Manager Weekends
2gether Support Solutions provides facilities, property, procurement and professional services to the East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Trust, which is one of the largest in the UK.
At 2gether Support Solutions, we put customer service and quality at the heart of all that we do. We have strong social enterprise principles and the profits we make go back into supporting our staff, improving services for patients, and other community activities in east Kent.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our Ashford-based team as a Weekend Facilities Service Manager, overseeing the team responsible for all cleaning and housekeeping duties for the William Harvey Hospital.
You will have a hands on approach to the day to day operational responsibility as the main interface and point of contact for all facilities services over the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday) these services include but are not limited to, Domestic, Catering, Housekeeping, Portering, Waste, Linen, Reception and Security services on site.
The working hours are as follows: Friday, 12pm - 8pm/Saturday & Sunday, 7am - 7pm/ Monday, 7am - 2pm.
- You’ll ensure that all areas of Facilities Services is managed and deal with any issues as they arise.
- Also ensuring that patients and staff within the site are supported appropriately.
- Manage a large team of staff including team leaders, providing various aspects of services to EKHUFT at one of our Acute sites over a 3 day weekend.
- Responsible for the Domestic Services, Portering Services Catering Services including patient feeding and main reception staff to ensure contract service compliance in accordance with efficient and effective service delivery and national guidelines.
- Ensure smooth handover and beginning of weekend (Friday afternoon) and leaving detailed report for handover on Monday morning across all service areas.
- Walking the site regularly to ensure staff is aware of your presence and feel supported.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading and managing a large team, ideally across a 24/7 operation. They will also have:
- Experience as a Soft FM at senior level (preferably within a similar environment)
- A thorough knowledge of HACCP, National Cleaning Standards, and BICS regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good Customer Care skills to ensure a customer driven approach in the delivery of services
- Experience managing and controlling budgets with evidence of the effective management of contracts, staff and budgets.
- Proactive attitude, and ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Qualifications or certificates in Health and Safety, Supervisory Management, or related desirable.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- 2gether Support Solutions
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition Team