Mechanical and Electrical Technician
2gether Support Solutions provides facilities, property, procurement and professional services to the East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Trust, which is one of the largest in the UK.
At 2gether Support Solutions, we put customer service and quality at the heart of all that we do. We have strong social enterprise principles and the profits we make go back into supporting our staff, improving services for patients, and other community activities in east Kent.
We are looking for a Mechanical and Electrical Technician to join our team, based at the William Harvey Hospital.
Delivering service in all areas of mechanical and electrical maintenance, compliance and reactive work, the role is varied by nature; tasks range from minor repairs through to full and complete service shut downs and major repairs.
On call availability is required.
Key Responsibilities include:
Working in accordance with the requirements of 2gether Support Solutions and the Trust on the following systems and infrastructure:
- Boiler and steam systems
- Hot and cold water systems
- Low voltage electrical systems
- Fire alarm and detection systems
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Medical gas systems
- Drainage and waste water systems
Carry out tasks without supervision on the above systems, with the ability to analyse problems and find solutions to enable the systems to be fully functional.
Ensure patient needs are prioritised to benefit and enhance their experience at all times.
Undertakes technical duties which will include maintenance, attendance to breakdowns and inspections to specific maintenance schedules and in line with KPIs and SLAs.
Complete all report sheets as necessary and ensure accuracy of information in order to comply with legislation.
Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems – this role has a mechanical bias, and therefore requires knowledge or experience working within mechanical engineering or maintenance
- Awareness of asbestos, legionella and COSHH
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people on all levels
- Able to work on own initiative
- Adaptable to change working in a demand driven service
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving & identification of solutions
- Good time management skills.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- 2gether Support Solutions
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition Team