As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 2gether Support Solutions prides itself on the delivery of high-quality Facilities, Property and Estates, Procurement, Equipment Management and Professional services.
We put customer service and quality at the heart of everything we do across all of our areas of expertise, from Cleaning and Catering to Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Encompassing five Hospitals across East Kent, (William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury), we are working hard to become an employer of choice by improving pay, and providing opportunities for learning and development in the workplace for all of our employees.
8 hours per week, 1800 - 2200 (Saturday and Sunday)
Domestic services staff are the lifeblood of the NHS, keeping hospitals, health centres, offices and other areas clean and hygienic.
You will perform housekeeping and cleaning duties within the hospital in accordance with the service level agreement and contract specification.
In such an environment there can be many emotional/mental demands when interacting with people within the work area. All cleaning staff are required to be flexible to react to changing demands from the service.
You will bring good communication skills and show initiative and self motivation in your work.
- Carry out cleaning duties to a high standard as per cleaning schedule for assigned area
- Clean all work areas/equipment during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
- Observe the codes of practice for Health and Safety
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent re-occurrence
- The equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies and to maintain the equipment in a clean, safe and tidy condition
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards to your line manager
- Carry out duties in accordance with agreed Method Statements
- Effective communication with all levels of staff
- Complying with the Trust policies on Health & Safety, COSHH and other statutory legislation
- Advise helpdesk on any defects within own area
- Order of goods and materials as necessary from Team Leaders
- Maintain records as required
- Ensure all security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Any other cleaning duties required from time to time
- Good communication skills including verbal and written English
- Shows initiative and self-motivation
- Awareness of service image and takes pride in their work
- Physically fit for the work
- Friendly and reliable
- Prepared to work unsociable hours if shift pattern requires
- Attention to detail
- Risk Assessment awareness
- Flexible attitude to working times and methods
- Customer focused
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable
Please note, the government has recently announced plans to extend the covid-19 vaccination as a mandatory condition of deployment. Potentially, this means that 2gether employees may be required to be fully covid-19 vaccinated. The proposed date of implementation is the 1st April 2022 and is currently awaiting parliamentary approval. Once the workforce type this applicable to and a date has been agreed the current and future workforce, if not already fully vaccinated or medically exempt, must have received their first dose no later than the 3rd February 2022. If this is made a requirement for the role to which you have applied for, 2gether will need to be provided with evidence of your double vaccination or proof of exemptions to vaccinations. If you have not already been vaccinated and you intend to begin employment with 2gether you must have received your 1st dose no later than the 3rd February 2022 unless you are medically exempt.
Although there is currently no plans to set up vaccination clinics at the main hospital sites, there are plenty of ways for you to access the vaccination programme in your local communities. Here are some useful links:
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- 2gether Support Solutions
- Job title
- Talent Team