Housekeeper - Weekends
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 2gether Support Solutions prides itself on the delivery of high-quality Facilities, Property and Estates, Procurement, Equipment Management and Professional services.
We put customer service and quality at the heart of everything we do across all of our areas of expertise, from Cleaning and Catering to Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Encompassing five Hospitals across East Kent, (William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury), we are working hard to become an employer of choice by improving pay, and providing opportunities for learning and development in the workplace for all of our employees.
2gether Support Solutions are seeking a Housekeeper based at QEQM Hospital on a permanent contract. The role is part time (15 hours a week) Saturday and Sunday working 7.00am - 3.00pm .
When you’re working for us, we want you to feel valued and appreciated for your hard work. You will be part of a team that plays a huge part in making all patient, visitor and staff member experiences as positive as possible
Working for the NHS gives you the opportunity to deliver care and improve the quality of lives every day. Whilst also offering long term career opportunities and job security by being one of the UKs largest employers.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the Housekeeper role will be to provide a range of services for the patients and maintain hygiene standards within the domestic and catering environment. The post holder will be responsible for their area including giving instruction to Domestic staff. You will liaise and communicate often with patients and clinical staff.
This role is extremely customer service focused, and offers the opportunity to make a real difference through your interactions with patients and clinical staff.
If you are looking for a rewarding and physically active role, whereby you will be a vital part of the hospital team, showing good communication skills, initiative and self-motivation in your work, apply today for consideration.
Working for our organisation
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, 2gether Support Solutions prides itself on the delivery of high-quality facilities, property, procurement and professional services.
We put customer service and quality at the heart of everything we do across all our areas of expertise, including cleaning, catering, portering, security, parking, logistics, laundry, estates, medical engineering and procurement. We work over five East Kent hospitals: William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury.
As a new organisation, we are working hard to become an employer of choice by improving pay, and providing opportunities for learning and development in the workplace.
- We pull together as one team to make a difference
- To deliver great support to patients and staff
- We find solutions, care about what we do and you can trust us
- We are proud of our work and know what we are here to do
- 25 days annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to buy or sell up to 10 days annual leave each year
- Company Pension
- Training and development opportunities including BICS and functional skills training
- Career progression
- Discount in selected high street retailers
- Onsite childcare facilities at our three acute sites
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Take patients’ meal orders
- Serve patient beverages
- Change patient water jugs
- Serve patient meals
- Clear and clean area after meals
- Ensure kitchen/serving areas and all associated equipment are clean and tidy at all times
- Stack and empty dishwasher
- Undertake cleaning tasks as per ward cleaning schedule (not sanitary)
- Movement/distribution of clean linen supplies within wards
- Movement of soiled linen and waste to the waste rooms
- Order of goods and materials as necessary from Team Leaders
- Maintain records as required
- Advise patients on the facilities provision within the work area
- Carry out duties in accordance with agreed Method Statements
- Effective communication with all levels of staff
- Complying with 2gether Support Solutions policies on Health & Safety, COSHH and other statutory legislation
- Advise helpdesk on any defects within own area
- Any other Ward Housekeeping duties as required from time to time
- Good communication skills including verbal and written English.
- Shows initiative and self-motivation.
- Awareness of service image.
- Physically fit for the work
- Prepared to work unsociable hours if shift pattern requires.
- Attention to detail.
- Risk Assessment awareness
- Flexible attitude to working times and methods.
- Customer focus
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Cleaning experience
- Customer Service
- Experience working in a hospital/ busy environment
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Charlotte Webb
- Job title
- Talent Acquisition advisor