Vaccinator Band 3
NHS AfC: Band 3
We welcome and encourage application from anyone with protected characteristics, as well as supporting reservists and Veterans who are looking for a rewarding and challenging career within the NHS and especially here at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
As one of the United Kingdom’s largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents – it’s not just a good place to work; it’s a great place to live. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Due to Blackpool’s convenient location, Edinburgh in the north and London in the south can be reached within three hours by train.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals encourages flexible working in all our roles to support staff in maintaining healthy home-life balance. Working patterns such as: part time working, self-rostering, compressed hours, annualised hours, term time, reverse term time and flexitime working can be explored. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
Band 3 Immuniser
Are you interested in learning new skills as an immuniser?
Come and join our experienced team of professionals within Blackpool Teaching Hospitals.
We are looking for enthusiastic self-motivated individuals to join our team.
The immuniser will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the school based delivery of the nasal flu vaccine(s). The post holder will be responsible for administering the vaccine to children and young people within a team of staff working in a clinical team as part of the school based vaccination delivery model.
Previous experience of vaccinating is not essential for this role however, the post holder will be expected to show commitment and a willingness to undertake learning and development courses as required to ensure competency for role, this will include vaccine training, administration training, basic life support and NHS mandatory training.
Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Configuration of their vaccination station
- Administration of the vaccine
- Disposal of clinical waste and change of PPE as per national guidelines
- Adherence to infection control practices between individuals, Effective IT skills essential.
Fixed term contracts available.
Post holder will be required to be flexible and move between bases and schools as operationally required.
Main duties of the job
To undertake delivery of nasal flu vaccinations, support administrative and admin duties within the Vaccination and Immunisation department and to assist the team in schools during immunisation programmes.
Working for our organisation
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is situated on the west coast of Lancashire and offers a full range of Hospital services and Community Health services to this population.
Commitment to undertake ongoing in-service training and development is essential. You should be motivated, keen to learn and ready to embrace change. Our commitment to you is to provide the environment for this to happen an ensure that you are part of a defined preceptorship programme.
If you are motivated to deliver high standards of care and have the personal qualities and characteristics as outlined in the person specification and job description then this could be the post for you.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please read the job description and person specification carefully.
Education / Qualifications
- Good general education
- Educated to NVQ 3 level in a relevant subject or equivalent level of qualification and short courses or significant clinical equivalent previous proven experience. Training will be given to undertake specific vaccination and competency assessed
- European Computer Driving License (ECDL) or equivalent
Sills / Abilities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and actively participate in team meetings
- Able to maintain and record accurate documentation of interactions between clients, colleagues and other agencies in the appropriate legal records.
- Able to demonstrate professional conduct, preserve client’s rights including confidentiality and promote mutual respect amongst colleagues
- Analytical and judgment skills
- Able to make decisions appropriate to role, level of knowledge and competence, using professional judgement; some of which will require analysis
- Work according to protocols under clinical supervision
- Planning and organisational skills
- Able to work flexibly and respond to changing demands in workload
- Able to prioritise own work and support the team daily
- Delivers vaccination sessions and health promotion as needed
- Commitment and willingness to undertake learning and development courses as required to ensure competency for role, this will include vaccine training, administration training, basic life support and NHS statutory and mandatory training. Understanding of Confidentiality and Data Protection Act.
- Working experience of the NHS
- The post holder would ideally have experience of administering vaccines and providing immunisation advice within a primary care team.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft package
- Flexible to work across different bases
- Ability to work within a team
- Car owner / Driver
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Cathy Salisbury
- Job title
- Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01253 951700 / 07825 025549