CONSULTANT PHYSICIAN IN RESPIRATORY MEDICINE with an interest in Interstitial Lung Disease
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Respiratory consultant with an interest in ILD to join our diverse and successful team at Glenfield Hospital, helping to shape and lead our specialist services. This is a newly created post that have arisen through increased demands in our specialised out-patient services.
The UHL ILD Service based at Glenfield Hospital is a well-established service within the Respiratory Medicine, the Trust, and the East Midlands. Its strengths include:
- Internationally-recognised expertise in ILD diagnosis and management at physician level, and the use of senior AHP practitioners (including Nurse and Pharmacist Consultants) to deliver multi-disciplinary Respiratory Care
- Cross-disciplinary links to provide for multi-system and holistic care, with Rheumatology (combined clinics for Rheumatoid/Connective Tissue Disease-associated ILD), Renal and Immunology (Vasculitis), Transplant (Birmingham, Papworth) and Palliative Care
- Close working relationship with team of Thoracic Radiologists with particular interest in ILD
- Clinical research interactions with NIHR Leicester Respiratory BRU (now NIHR Leicester BRC - Respiratory Theme)
Key tasks of the post holder will include
1.Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients.
2.To share with colleagues responsibility for the day-to-day management of patients.
3.To contribute to the provision of services for patients with ILD
4.Supervise and train junior medical staff.
5.To be involved in appraising and assessing juniors.
6.Teaching, research and administration.
7.To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital has a national and international reputation for its academic and clinical services. Clinically, we have specialist services in:
- lung cancer with advanced bronchoscopic and pleural techniques,
- chronic suppurative lung infections,
- Cystic Fibrosis,
- Complex Home Ventilation,
- Airways disease,
- Interstitial lung disease,
- Exercise and sports medicine.
Several of these services are commissioned by Specialised Service Commissioning having fulfilled the required specifications.
The unique Leicester cardio-respiratory emergency streaming pathway has been operational since 2013 and enables patients in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to be assessed at the point of presentation at Glenfield Hospital by the cardio-respiratory teams. All patients are assessed in the Clinical Decisions (CDU) and Coronary Care Units (CCU) following referral from GPs, direct 999 ambulances and the Leicester Royal Infirmary Emergency Department.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 6th November 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Gerrit Woltmann, Head of Service for Respiratory Medicine
Email contact: email@example.com
Darren Turner, General Manager