PPE & Supplies Distribution Manager
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has a rich history, well-established community links and an international reputation. We deliver specialist services in the London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
We are committed to provide a high quality and specialist care to our service users and we are recognised for our care and treatment we provide. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as ‘good’.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our service users where our Trust values and our promise to be caring, kind, polite, prompt, honest, listen and do what I say I’m going to do is at the heart of everything we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of something special.
As an Trust we are happy to talk flexible working
About the team:
The successful applicant will be a core member of the Site Management Team. Who provide support across a number of varying sectors and services, both clinical and non-clinical.
The PPE Distribution and Supplies manager will support the Lead Site Manager in processing orders, maintaining stock and co-ordinating deliveries of PPE across the Trust estate.
About the role:
In response to Covid-19 we have established a fully functional PPE and Supplies Hub and are looking for a manager to lead and take the service forward, for an 18 month fixed term period. You will lead the management and co-ordination of the PPE Hub; to ensure critical care consumables and PPE supplies are delivered in a timely fashion.
No two days will be the same, but typically tasks will include:
- Leading on the coordination of incoming stock into the hub and onward distribution of PPE supplies and consumables to Trust service teams.
- Leading engagement with the emergency planning team, procurement, IPC, Facilities and NHS Supply Chain, this is in order to understand regional stock availability to maximise stock holding within the central Trust PPE Hub.
- Leading on business continuity and emergency planning in relation to the distribution of PPE and associated consumables, which involves maintaining emergency stocks and escalating emergency processes if stocks are in short supply.
- Lead on strategic planning for the management of PPE and consumables during Covid-19 and beyond, and will oversee the necessary maintenance and support to keep the Trusts PPE and consumables inventory system functional.
Therefore, the ideal candidate will:-
- Have a professional qualification from a relevant field, or be educated to degree standard, ideally in a logistics/procurement/purchasing field.
- Have experience of leading a team in a pressurised environment.
- Be a fantastic communicator at all levels, and be confident to communicate in varying levels of complexity.
- Have experience of managing inventory of supplies and consumables.
About the location:
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark; and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It’s important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Paul Wilkinson
- Job title
- Lead Site Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number