CNWL (Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust) has almost 7,000 staff providing integrated healthcare to a third of London's population, Milton Keynes and areas beyond. We involve service users, carers, the public, staff and partner organisations in the way that we are run. You can become a member by visiting our website.
Our catchment area spans diverse communities, with over 100 first languages spoken. It contains areas of great affluence as well as areas of much deprivation. We are committed to providing services that meet the needs of the people who use them, and we actively encourage involvement from local people who can help make a difference. We’re proud of our diversity and we continue to undertake new initiatives to advance equality for LGBT+, BME and people with disabilities to promote good relations and understanding between our staff.
CNWL is recognised locally, nationally and internationally for providing high quality, innovative healthcare. We aim to employ only the best people, and our experts are frequently called upon to contribute to national health strategy and policy, and many models of our care have been adapted for use in other countries.
CNWL NHS Foundation Trust offers a generous relocation package to successful candidates - subject to eligibility assessment.
Bank assignments are available for most roles.
We are more than a Mental Health Trust. Our staff are the stars of CNWL. It's the people who provide care, develop relationships and make important decisions. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) found us to be ‘outstanding’ for caring at the last inspection in February 2016. We’re led by the best in the industry too – our Chief Executive, Claire Murdoch, is a national mental health director for NHS England. We’re recognised locally, nationally and internationally for providing high quality innovative healthcare.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of our adult in-patient wards at Northwick Park Hospital. Our wards have benefited from a recent refurbishment to very modern and well-designed modern facilities. We operate as a close team of professionals working together in a family like spirit creating a therapeutic atmosphere on the ward & ensuring the highest standards of cutting edge care. We have recently had an accreditation inspection from the royal college of psychiatrists who provided us with extremely positive feedback on our team and the work that we do. It is therefore our retention rates within the borough of Harrow are high. When people leave us, they do so for the right reasons. The top 3 being promotion, further education and retirement.
Based at Northwick Park we are only 5 minutes from Wembley Stadium and 20 minutes from Baker Street Station & central London with access to the hustle & bustle of all that central London offers but with the choice of the peaceful tranquillity of the green parks of Harrow. Northwick Park tube station is a 5 minute walk to work or the Bakerloo and over ground are available from Kenton Road, a 10 minute walk. A number of buses also run directly into the hospital site.
What we are looking for?
- Both newly qualified and experienced nurses
- Friendly, approachable, compassionate with good communication skills
- Enjoys working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Committed to outstanding patient care
What will you get?
- £2,500 as a “Golden Hello” or up to £8,000 as part of the relocation package (subject to T&C
- Relocation support via Benovo including interest free loan, please refer to the attached information leaflet
- Regular individual supervision and reflective practice groups
- Training package to ensure continuous professional development (inc sponsorship for post-graduate studies up to masters)
- Working within a dynamic team with visibility of the Senior Management Team (Matron, Service Manager and Borough Director)
- A range of staff benefits including “kids pass”, range of salary sacrifices schemes (inc for electronic goods and 30% savings on a car), interest free loans and many more
- Opportunities for flexible working (inc part-time hours)
- Streamlined recruitment process
- Opportunities for flexible working (inc part-time hours and long days)
Staff Survey 2017
Our borough has achieved fantastic results on the national Staff Survey and were above average comparing to other mental health trusts on the number of key indicators including but not limited to:
- Staff motivation at work
- Staff satisfaction with level of responsibility & involvement
- Quality of non-mandatory training, learning or development
- % staff reporting good communication between senior management and staff
- % agreeing role makes a difference to patients/service users
- % feeling unwell due to work related stress in last 12 months
If your application is successful, a member of our team will normally contact you within 72 hours to arrange an interview.
If you were referred by a friend who is employed by CNWL, then they can earn up to £400 if you are successful! To enable this, please fill in the appropriate box in the “Supporting Information” part of the application form.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Omobola Leduwe, Eastlake Ward Manager, 07976 018 480, email@example.com
Manoj Mungur, Ferneley Ward Manager, 07800995271 , firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
CNWL NHS Foundation Trust
180 Kilburn Park Road
- 020 7504 5541