The Trust only accepts applications made through this site, please register when you click APPLY at the end of this advertisement. The Trust is able to offer hospital accommodation, pension scheme, on-site nursery (through third party provider), together with salary sacrifice schemes (including child care vouchers, ride to work) and a range of national and local staff discounts (subject to availability).
HSJ Best Places to Work 2015 Top 100
AMU is a fast paced Assessment Unit catering for both Surgical and Medical Emergency Care patients.
We work closely with our A&E department in managing a consistent flow of speciality patients.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Sister/Charge Nurse to join our friendly and professional Acute Medical Unit.
This post is pivotal in supporting our AMU. You must have significant clinical management experience and evidence of operational management. You will have strong clinical leadership skills, be resilient and have a passion for providing excellent patient care. An ability to embrace and identify areas of challenge is essential in an ever changing healthcare system.
You need to be:
- A highly visible and proactive leader acting as a clinical resource and ensuring the sustained delivery of high standards of multidisciplinary care and service delivery.
- A visible senior presence within the Unit promoting patient care.
- Responsible for embedding best practice, identifying areas for improvement, and working with the Matron to review implementation.
- Responsible for the quality of the patients environment and work with the matron to facilitate changes which improve the patients experience
- Responsible for playing a key operational role and maintain a proactive approach to managing patient flow through the service.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Matron and other senior staff in the Directorate that includes the Clinical Site Practitioners, Service Managers, Complaints and Governance teams.
Working hours are over a 7 day working week including long days.
In return for your commitment and enthusiasm we can offer you professional development in a supportive environment where you can enhance your managerial and clinical skills.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Matron Liz Kelleher on 01895 279940