Senior Clinical Fellow in Haematology
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, employing over 23,000 staff.
We are responsible for running a family of ten hospitals across seven separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services.
We are the main provider of hospital care to approximately 750,000 people in Manchester and Trafford and the single biggest provider of specialised services in the North West of England. We are also the lead provider for a significant number of specialised services including Breast Care, Vascular, Cardiac, Respiratory, Urology Cancer, Paediatrics, Women’s Services, Ophthalmology and Genomic Medicine.
Our vision is to improve the health and quality of life of our diverse population by building an organisation that:
- Excels in quality, safety, patient experience, research, innovation and teaching
- Attracts, develops and retains great people
- Is recognised internationally as a leading healthcare provider.
The MRI is looking to recruit for a Senior Clinical Fellow in Haematology
Come to work in our great northern city, home to two of the world’s greatest football teams, Test cricket, Oasis, the Stone Roses and the Halle Orchestra as well as some of the best schools in the UK.
The Lake and Peak District national parks are within easy reach and the affluent suburbs of north Cheshire and south Lancashire are an easy commute.
We are currently recruiting to our Haematology Team. This is an exciting time to join us: -
- We are one of a very small number of centres to offer the revolutionary new CAR-T treatment.
- We provide a regional tertiary referral service for haematological malignancy, stem cell transplantation, thrombosis, haemostasis and haemoglobinopathies.
- We provide general clinical haematology services for the local population of Central Manchester
- We have an impressive clinical trials portfolio including phase 1-3 studies
- Manchester Foundation Trust is the lead provider for Greater Manchester Haematological Cancer Diagnostic Partnership and also leads the North West Genomics Hub
We can offer:
- Training in all aspects of haematology
- Research and teaching opportunities
This is a Senior clinical fellow post for our Haematology Department.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual. Experience of clinical research would be an advantage as we have a very active clinical trials unit including early phase studies.
This is a Clinical Fellowship post in Clinical Haematology, which is part of the Inpatient Medical Specialties (IMS) Clinical Service Unit (CSU), based at the Manchester Royal Infirmary.
The post holder will work closely with the consultant and nursing team to support all aspects of the Haematology Department.
The successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Martin Scott
- Job title
- Consultant Haematologist
- Email address
- Additional information
Candidates are encouraged to visit the department and discuss the post with prospective colleagues. We look forward to discussing the opportunity with you. Please contact:
Dr Martin Scott Consultant Haematologist firstname.lastname@example.org