Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, employing over 28,000 staff.
We are responsible for running a family of ten hospitals across seven separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services.
We are the main provider of hospital care to approximately 750,000 people in Manchester and Trafford and the single biggest provider of specialised services in the North West of England. We are also the lead provider for a significant number of specialised services including Breast Care, Vascular, Cardiac, Respiratory, Urology Cancer, Paediatrics, Women’s Services, Ophthalmology and Genomic Medicine.
Our vision is to improve the health and quality of life of our diverse population by building an organisation that:
- Excels in quality, safety, patient experience, research, innovation and teaching
- Attracts, develops and retains great people
- Is recognised internationally as a leading healthcare provider.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Sister/Charge Nurse to join the Ward 9- MRI Nursing Team.
We are looking to appoint a senior nurse who is enthusiastic and highly motivated. You will form part of the senior nursing team working in partnership with the Ward Manager, Matron, Lead Nurse and Unit Manager. Part of your role will include providing leadership to the nursing team through the active promotion of trust values. This will involve contributing to further developing quality, patient experience, and patient safety agendas; in addition to driving forward Ward preparations to meet the opportunities of Hive and contributing to the transformation agenda. Part of this role includes an internal rotation from days to nights.
Ward 9 MRI is currently the hub of the Manchester Royal Infirmary's inpatient response to the Covid-19 Pandemic. The Ward provides General Medical and Specialist care to patients with a wide range of nursing, medical and surgical needs. You will have the opportunity to join- and help lead- a diverse , inclusive nursing workforce that is dedicated to high quality, innovative nursing care.
Opportunities will be available to upskill candidates in the provision of Non-Invasive Ventilation and the care of patients with Altered Airways. Ward 9 MRI takes an active part in facilitating research into Covid-19 and is at the forefront of the delivery of new, innovative treatments for Covid-19 within the MRI footprint. The Ward has a Multi-Disciplinary approach at its core and works closely with other Specialist Centres within the MRI to ensure the highest quality of care is delivered to inpatients who are positive for Covid-19.
As a team we are committed to delivering the highest standard of care for our patients and achieving excellence in Covid Care. If you feel you have strong leadership skills, drive, commitment and enthusiasm then we want to hear for you. The Ward encourages and supports staff personal and professional development opportunities.
- NMC Registered
- Educated to diploma level
- Speciality qualification
- Substantial experience within role
- Portfolio of evidence showing achievements in practice/speciality
- Recent evidence of continuing professional and personal development, both clinical and managerial
- Evidence of delivering teaching programmes to staff groups
- Haematology experience
Aptitude & Leadership
- Evidence of proven clinical record
- Maintained development of clinical leadership skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of audit/research recommendations
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Undertaken a leadership programme e.g. LEO
- Aware of applications of IT packages such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of clinical information systems e.g. PAS and ICE
Audit & Research
- Demonstrates ability and knowledge on how to undertake audit and feedback to clinicians
- Demonstrates knowledge of research based practice
- Completed course/module in research methods
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kerri-Anne Folkard
- Job title
- Ward Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0161 701 4496