Senior Clinical Fellow- Respiratory Medicine
Senior Clinical Fellow
Our new Northern Care Alliance NHS Group unites five local hospitals to deliver high quality care across the North East of Greater Manchester.
The Alliance provides the benefits of scale but delivers this locally through multiple hospital sites which make up four new Care Organisations – Bury/Rochdale, North Manchester, Oldham and Salford. Using our mantra of ‘Saving lives, Improving lives’, the aim is for our Care Organisations to work closely with the communities they serve to deliver safe, high quality and reliable care, which are trusted, connected and pioneering.
Our Care Organisations are designed to operate within our group arrangement of hospitals, community and healthcare services which bring together over 19,000 staff and the services of The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust and Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Our size and geographical reach means we are creating an environment each individual will be inspired and empowered by to be the best they can be. This is a really exciting time to join our new team.
Senior Clinical Fellow – Respiratory Medicine
Work for an outstanding Trust – Together we can make a Difference
The Position – Join our team
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated doctor to join our growing Respiratory Team and acquire experience within Respiratory at an Outstanding Trust. The post is a Trust Grade post and we are flexible and willing to consider varying contract lengths for suitable candidates.
You will be an integral part of the Medical Team working alongside an experienced team of Consultants and Junior Staff. The department of respiratory medicine is a very well set up department with all sub-specialist clinics delivered locally with strong links with our partners within the region. As part of your clinical duties you will gain first-hand experience of:
- Inpatient / Outpatient management of Respiratory patients and contribute to the acute unsettled medical take at ST3+ level.
- Bronchoscopy, pleural procedures, including thoracoscopy.
- New technologies in the delivery of health care, management of patients with long term respiratory conditions.
- Supporting / facilitating junior medical staff teaching
Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust became only the second NHS Trust in the country and the first in the North of England to be rated outstanding by The Care Quality Commission. The Trust is consistently rated as one of the best places to work in the NHS and here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Recent investment of £200 million to develop our main hospital site
- We are major teaching hospital for the Universities of Salford & Manchester
- Our clear aim to be the safest organisation in the NHS.
- Rated in the top 20% of Trusts in the Healthcare Commission Patient Survey
- A national reputation in delivering high quality services, with cutting edge technical advances supported by a world-class electronic patient record.
You will also have access to strong research links within the region and Research Network. In respiratory our interests are mainly around evaluating new technologies in the delivery of health care, management of patients with long term respiratory conditions, and acute oxygen prescribing. The Salford Lung Study and the national guidelines on acute oxygen prescribing are prime examples or our contribution in these fields.
The Location – About Salford
From urban buzz to greenbelt tranquillity Salford is a city constantly changing and moving into an exciting future as a thriving cultural, economic and residential location. Salford is building on the mixture of its waterfront, urban and countryside environments to create places where people want to live and work.
What's in Salford? Where to begin? We have:
- 60% green space with 18 square miles of countryside and parks
- Excellent road & public transport links to all parts of the UK
- A world-class arts & theatre complex attracting over a million visitors a year
- History stretching back to 923AD
- Manchester city centre minutes away
- One major airport – a gateway to over 200 destinations
- One leading UK university
In line with the Trust’s Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nawar Bakerly
- Job title
- Email address
- Additional information
Dr Nawar D Bakerly - Consultant Respiratory Physician
Tel. 0161 206 3187 (Sec) / 0161 206 2221 (direct)