ICT Service Desk Support Officer
We provide healthcare services to people living in Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf county borough areas, serving a population of around 450,000. We are ideally situated between Wales’s capital city, Porthcawl to the west, and the stunning scenery in the Brecon Beacons.
Our vision is to care for our communities and patients by preventing ill-health, promoting better health, providing excellent services and reducing the need for inpatient care wherever possible through the provision of strengthened home, primary and community care.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from people from protected groups under the Equality Act 2010, this specifically includes age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/reassignment, race/nationality, religion/belief, disability, pregnancy and maternity and marriage and civil partnership.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg is a Living Wage Employer.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh or English, and no preference will be given to applications submitted in either language.
THIS POST IS FIXED TERM FOR 9 MONTHS DUE TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the ICT Clinical Systems support team at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board supporting users across all locations within the health board. The post will support users working in the mass vaccination centres and using the National WIS (Welsh Immunisation System) application. Whilst the base for the post will be at the ICT Hub in Williamstown, you will be expected to work across multiple locations. This post is fixed-term until March 2022 due to the demands of the service.
The post holder will:
- Support the day to day ICT queries reported by mass vaccination staff
- Respond appropriately to any ICT hardware queries such as ICT setup or failures of PCs, Igels, printers, laptops etc
- Act as a main point of contact for ICT queries relating to the mass vaccination clinics
- Report daily to the Vaccination System Manager and or support team
- Provide ad-hoc advise and support
- Find alternative ways of working when ICT issues occur
- Escalate any concerns or queries to an appropriate member of staff
- Work with multiple stakeholders
- Report and escalate incidents and problems effectively
- Communicate through various methods
Experience in an ICT technical environment is essential for this post, including an ability to prepare ICT Hardware and find and resolve failures.
This is a busy but exciting post where you will be expected to travel appropriately between sites, sometimes carrying kit.
You will be required to monitor and update ICT incident logged through 'ServicePoint' as well as taking calls directly from users.
You will be expected to participate in an on-call rota.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rachel Williams
- Job title
- Head of Clinical Systems & Desktop Support
- Email address
- Telephone number