Do you have an interest in financial administration, purchasing or financial processing? Are you eager to develop your experience in a busy team which underpins vital patient services?
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust currently has an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Purchasing Support Assistant.
This post is your opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to a variety of purchasing and related financial systems and processes
- Apply your business administration skills and develop your career
- Provide valuable support in ensuring NHS resources are used wisely in support of patient services.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Purchasing Manager, your work in the Pharmacy Purchasing Team will include:-
- Ensuring medicines pricing and other details are accurate
- Maintain relevant computerised records and other financial documentation ensuring compliance with audit requirements
- Receive purchase invoices and pass those approved for payment
- Raising invoices for medicines sold, and calculating reclaims due
- Ensuring stock control systems are accurate and charges are correct
- Complete administration duties which will include answering telephones, photocopying and maintaining accurate filing systems
You need to have a meticulous eye for detail, and able to turn round large volumes of work accurately to tight deadlines. Experience of working in a busy business environment is ideal.
The Pharmacy Purchasing sits within the wider Pharmacy Medicines Finance Team. We are a friendly, hard-working team who are an important part of the Hospital Pharmacy department. So if you are keen to develop your career in a varied and fast-moving environment, we want to hear from you.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Informal enquiries are welcomed, and visits to the department are encouraged before applying. Please contact Carolyne Wadsley, Pharmacy Purchasing Manager on 0115 9249924 ext 63561 (or email email@example.com) to discuss further.