Nursing Assistant - band 2
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill; a community of over 535,000 people.
At East Surrey Hospital in Redhill, we provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. East Surrey Hospital is also the nearest trauma unit for Gatwick Airport.
Last year, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as ‘Outstanding’ following an inspection in 2018 and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
- We are a National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do
- We are in the top 20% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment
- Our staff rate us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend the Trust as a place to work
- Our staff also rank us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked whether care of patients is the organisation’s top priority
- Our workforce are amongst the most motivated in the country; we achieved the top acute hospital score in the country for staff engagement in the last national staff survey
- In 2019, we were crowned best dementia-friendly hospital in the country and shortlisted at the Health Service Journal Awards for organisation of the year
- We have one of the lowest levels of nursing vacancies in the country
Nursing Assistant - band 2
Do you want to make a real difference to our patients and join the NHS nursing workforce?
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team as Nursing Assistants at East Surrey Hospital. Whilst previous care experience would be an advantage, what is more important is that you can demonstrate an empathetic, caring and proactive approach and have experience of working with people.
These positions provide an opportunity for individuals who are interested in moving into a frontline hospital care role, delivering the highest quality of person-centred nursing care for our patients.
Training will be provided and successful candidates will complete the care certificate, and have the opportunity to apply for a level 3 care qualification in the future.
Interview date: Saturday, 30th January 2021
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Julie Woodyatt
- Job title
- Resourcing Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01737 768511 x1984