Demand and Capacity Improvement Manager - Imaging & Pathology & Demand and Capacity Improvement Manager - Therapies Rehab
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS WITHIN THE NHS WALES DELIVERY UNIT AND NOT SWANSEA BAY ULHB
3 posts in Supporting Demand and Capacity roles within the NHS Delivery Unit, 2 x Band 8A posts and 1 x Band 7 (see separate Advert for Band 7 Post - 130-AC162-0421).
Please note there are 2 x Job descriptions attached to this advert - one for Imaging & Pathology and the second for Therapies Rehab
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic, innovative and highly motivated individuals to join the NHS Wales Delivery Unit (DU) and support the Demand Capacity and Modelling agendas. There are currently 3 positions within the unit where the successful candidates will provide both the NHS Wales Delivery Unit and the wider NHS Wales community with support in the area of Demand and Capacity planning and modelling. These areas will be supporting national programmes in the areas of Pathology and Imaging; Therapies and Rehabilitation and Health Foundation Programme.
Required is the delivery of the following key duties:
- Working with local teams in Health Boards to enhance their understanding and use of Demand and Capacity modelling and planning in relation to agreed Pathology and Radiology; Therapies and Rehabilitation services
- Working with and/or developing a model or models that will assist the organisations with their Demand and Capacity plans as well as to inform central stakeholders
- Working on the formalisation of solutions to address issues relating to the imbalance of Demand and Capacity within services throughout Wales, both on a national level and within health boards
- Working on the formalisation of solutions to address current service challenges in NHS Wales through the Delivery Unit’s Health Foundation Programme
- Providing targeted opportunities for investment to resolve issues of national and local capacity shortfall for the NHS Delivery Unit and in collaboration with other NHS Wales stakeholders.
- Supporting the key staff members in ensuring the dissemination and use of consistent best practice principles for the application of Demand & Capacity planning and modelling throughout NHS Wales.
The post holder will be motivated and enthusiastic, with a keen eye for attention to detail, as well as a proactive approach. The role may include the need to provide comprehensive project support to the National Programmes where related to D&C. The role will involve supporting the NHS Delivery Unit objectives on a day-to-day basis, including the responsibility for maintaining D&C models and plans. This role requires effective organisational skills, initiative and excellent data analysis skills as well as an in depth understanding of D&C.
The post holder will be expected to manage their own workload while monitoring the workloads of the programme team and Health Board teams to ensure successful delivery.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Welsh language skills are not necessary
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Please also contact Peter Smeeth and Jennifer Morgan for further details:
Peter Smeeth – Head of Performance Analysis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jenny Morgan – Operational Research and Modelling Development Manager (email@example.com)