NHS AfC: Band 6
Arden & GEM is one of the largest Commissioning Support Units in the country. Our customers include more than 60 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG), NHS England, local authorities and a range of care providers.
With offices throughout the Midlands, North West and South East we cover a core geographic patch that extends to Greater Manchester in the north and Essex in the south. Our services are built on a strong foundation of experienced people who build great relationships, a commitment to NHS values and a thorough understanding of our clients and the challenges they face.
We provide real value to our customers by working at scale, creating the synergies and innovation that ultimately drives improved patient outcomes and makes commissioning resources work harder.
Our cornerstones are quality, value, innovation and complete customer focus.
The location of this role is flexible and may be a blend of home/office working. There may be an occasional requirement to travel to other NHS Arden and GEM CSU sites, therefore the ability to travel independently is required.
This role will suit someone who wants to evolve and start to manage a small team.
You will be a completer/finisher, data driven to create and analyse data from various IT systems. You will have advanced excel skills to be able to report data. This is a key role ensuring licensing and asset management is consistent and accurate.
Main duties of the job
Working in the IT Business Management team the postholder will be responsible for supporting the Contracts and Licencing Manager in all aspects of licensing compliance, data management and reporting to internal and external customers. This role will work closely with internal teams such as End Device Management and Cyber Security and will be a first point of contact for external Software Supplier Partners.
Working with Business Management colleagues and SAM Partner to identify cost savings and optimisation opportunities for various software products.
Working for our organisation
Arden & GEM is an established business within the NHS. It has a wide customer base including NHS England, ICS’s and CCG’s, Local Authorities, and a range of other Healthcare providers. With offices throughout the Midlands, North West, and South East we cover a core geographic patch that extends throughout the country.
Our services are built on a strong foundation of experienced people who build great relationships, a commitment to NHS values and a thorough understanding of our clients and the challenges they face.
If you enjoy recognition and strive to be the best at everything you do, then this could be the perfect opportunity to join a successful business that rewards & recognises excellence.
What we can offer you
•Competitive Salary with pay reviews
•Remote working opportunities
•Enhanced maternity or paternity pay
•Paid for training and development opportunities
•NHS Blue light discount (online and on the high street)
•Specsavers vouchers for eye tests
•Flexible working policy
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
• Working with the external SAM Partner, be responsible for maintaining a license re-harvesting/optimisation process and audit schedule for all applications to ensure license positions are frequently monitored for compliance and optimisation
• Be the responsible person to lead on the Software Asset Management (SAM) tool sets for both internal and external customers
•Cleanse and merge data sets to provide a single version of the truth and enable trends to be seen and acted upon ensuring data integrity is maintained
• Use advanced skills for creation and analysis of standard reporting; refining and developing as required.
• Work with Business Management colleagues and SAM Partner to identify cost savings and optimisation opportunities for various software products
• Be able to identify the underlying drivers for a software request, research then providing advice on the most suitable option
• Responsible for the development of, and ongoing maintenance of an IT Service Catalogue, ensuring it is accurate for software and license pricing and descriptions
• Manage day-to-day software queries in conjunction with the Software & Licensing Officer and Contract Support Officer
• Responsible for the annual review and “Truing up” of licences to ensure best value to the CSU
• Act as the lead for Software Asset Management for AGCSU across the organisation’s footprint for internal and external customers
• Provide effective line management and lead the direct team to complete business as usual timescales and deliverables
Essential / Desirable
- Detail & Accuracy / Admin Org skills
- Experience of Service Improvement
- Team Work / Cover
- Communication / relationship bldg
- Prioritising / timely response / deadlines / escalation
- Experience & level of competency - systems and portals
- Confidence - coping strategies (calm & listening skills)
- Equality & Diversity - open and honest - awareness
- Ability to attend sites in person as and when required
- Knowledge of working in an NHS IT Dept
- Knowledge of Microsoft and / or Adobe licensing
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management
- Qualification in Software Asset Management
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Judith Long
- Job title
- Contract and Licensing Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number