Crynodeb o'r swydd
George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust opened in 1948 and provides a range of elective, non-elective, surgical, medical, women’s, children’s, diagnostic and therapeutic services to a population of more than 350,000 people.
The hub of the Trust is located on the outskirts of Nuneaton and its services cover a large footprint, including north Warwickshire, south west Leicestershire, and north Coventry. We also provide primary and community services across Coventry, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
Our vision is "to EXCEL at patient care". If you think you've got what it takes, help us realise this and join #TeamEliot.
Trosolwg o'r swydd
35 Hours Per week -Permanent
£18,005 - £19,337 pro annum
Closing Date: 16th April 2021
Interview Date: 27th April 2021
Prif ddyletswyddau'r swydd
To ensure that all patient notes are kept up to date and filing is filed in the notes in line with the George Eliot Hospital Medical Records Policy.
To provide an efficient and professional clerical service to the Nursing, Medical and Surgical Teams
To communicate with internal and external professional bodies, e.g other NHS Trust’s, Coroner, Police, District Nurses and other Allied Healthcare Professionals.
To communicate over the telephone and personally with patients, patients representatives and relatives relaying accurate and applicable information as required
The post holder will deal with the administrative and clerical requirements on the designated ward.
Gweithio i'n sefydliad
Here at George Eliot our vision to ‘excel at patient care’ takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive health services delivered by inspiring and compassionate staff who share our corporate values:
Effective Open Communication
Excellence and safety in everything we do
Challenge but support
Expect respect and dignity
Local health that inspires confidence
Swydd ddisgrifiad a phrif gyfrifoldebau manwl
· Liaise with the Outpatient Call Centre to request outpatient appointments for patients when they are discharged if required.
- To ensure that transport is booked for patients to be taken home when discharged if required.
- Take lead responsibility for ward requisitions and maintaining the ward stationery
- Photocopy information for the Nursing Team and as and when required
- To be responsible for the general tidiness of the workplace
- Take lead responsibility to inform General Practitioners of all discharges/deaths by telephone within 24 hours
- To contact IT Training Department to book training courses for members of staff as instructed by ward Senior Sister/Senior Charge Nurse
- Prepare and fax correspondence as and when required.
- Transport case notes across the trust to other departments as required
- Provide cover to multiple wards to ensure that each ward area have required stock, systems are up to date and notes filed/available
- Collect stock from stores or other ward areas as required
- Welcome patients and members of the public entering the ward area and ensure any queries that arise are dealt with either by the Ward Clerk or relevant Nursing personnel.
- To answer ward telephone and ensure that information is correctly handled and disseminated appropriately.
- Ensure the Patient Administration System (Lorenzo) is kept up-to-date and reflects patients currently on the ward and also matches the whiteboard; including consultant/specialty transfers.
- Ensure all of the relevant documentation (front sheet and patient labels) is printed from Lorenzo and copies available in the notes for every patient.
- In line with the Trusts’ Medical Records Policy, ensure that all filing is kept up to date and filed correctly in the patient hospital notes, and that history and mount sheets are also up to date to facilitate Medical Staff ward rounds to be completed with the minimum of interruptions/delays.
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring that patients’ hospital case notes are up to date and sent back to the Medical Records Department for filing.
- Take lead responsibility after appropriate training, to divide oversized patient hospital notes into manageable volumes.
- Ensure case notes are tracked in accordance with the Trust Case Note Tracking Policy.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is taken to the Bereavement Centre for deceased patients to enable Death Certificates and the first part of Cremation forms to be completed by Doctors as soon as possible to ensure that relatives can be dealt with in a sensitive manner and facilitate funeral arrangements to be made without unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that if a patient is discharged to another hospital during working hours, that the KMR1 Front Sheet is completed before discharge to enable the Clinical Coding Team to assign appropriate ICD10 (diagnostic) and OPCS4 (Procedure) codes for World Health Organisation and Finance purposes.
- Ensure that all KMR1 Front Sheets are completed in a timely manner by the Medical Team for all discharged patients.
- Prepare for admission of patients and ensure that patient notes, where possible, are on the ward before the patient’s arrive.
Take lead responsibility to ensure that medical and other insurance notes are issued as requested by the Senior Sister/Senior Charge Nurse.
Manyleb y person
Qualifications and Professional Training
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Good standard of Education
- GCSE in English Language
Skill and Abilities
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Ability to multi-task
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Outlook intermediate skill level
Experence and Knowledge
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Office Environment experience
- Administration experience within an NHS environment
- Keyboard/Typing skills
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Julia evans
- Teitl y swydd
- lead ward clerk
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- Rhif ffôn