Are you a collaborative and innovative Public Health Lead? Come and join our vibrant, expanding Public Health team and help make a difference to the lives of older people across West Sussex.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day and has pledged to change the way it works, do more, embrace its communities and be ambitious. The West Sussex Plan sets out how the County Council plans to shape its services for the next five years. We will focus on:
Giving our children and young people the best start in life
Ensuring West Sussex is a prosperous place
Our communities will be strong, safe and sustainable
We will support you in later life to remain independent
We will be a council that works for our communities
Here at WSCC, together with key partners in health and across the voluntary sector, we are taking a whole system approach to improving the health and wellbeing of our residents, and embedding prevention and public health across all our services. In this role you will manage resources and large scale activities both operational and strategic, often requiring co-ordination with other teams’ closely related functions - all with a focus on improving older people’s health and wellbeing and related services. You will build relationships and influence activities, including working across and outside of the organisation to improve public health outcomes. You will also be closely involved in developing the future shape of service provision.
The Public Health team are at the start of a journey, with a recently appointed Director of Public Health reporting directly to and therefore working very closely with the Chief Executive, who is passionate about the team’s ambitions. The team are progressive and multi-disciplinary, committed to improving health and well-being and tackling inequalities in West Sussex.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and Financial Wellbeing schemes
- ‘Living Our Values Every Day’ Recognition Scheme
- Staff Groups – recognising and valuing the diverse workforce of WSCC
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
To apply, please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 11pm on Monday 22 October 2018.
Interview date: Tuesday 6 November 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.
Further details / informal visits contact
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please call Daniel MacIntyre, Head of Service - Stages of Life, Public Health, on 0330 222 6067.