Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist - Brighton
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
We’re a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We’re looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We want patients and staff to recommend our organisation as a place where they would be happy for their friends and family to be treated. You can help us do this by bringing your skills, experience and commitment to Sussex Partnership.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Brighton & Hove CAMHS Community team at the Aldrington Centre, Brighton & Hove, East Sussex.
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Please note this post attracts a Golden Hello payment of up to £5,000 as well as a Relocation Package of up to £8000. Information on these can be obtained from the Medical Staffing Team on 0300 304 0393.
The Aldrington Centre has on-site parking, which is available to all staff and visitors on a first come, first served basis. Also, if you haven’t thought about living in East Sussex before then you should consider the following:
Main duties of the job
The duties of the post include providing medical psychiatric assessment and intervention to children and young people; providing psychiatric advice and consultation to colleagues in CAMHS, health, social care, education and other staff across a range of agencies; as well as future development and service redesign.
The post holder will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, clinical psychologists, Family and Systemic Psychotherapists, child psychotherapists, and social workers. This post will complete the 3.4 WTE establishment of Consultants and Specialty Doctor who work in Brighton and Hove.
You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers weekly at the local academic programme, at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.
Working for our organisation
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- • MRC Psych or equivalent
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Peter Joyce
- Job title
- General Manager CHYPS Brighton and Hove/Acute
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07917 558009
- Additional information
Sarah Jonas, Lead Consultant Psychiatrist - Sarah.Jonas@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk