Fleet Ancillary Premise Cleaner - Thirsk Ambulance Station
Yorkshire Ambulance Services, Ancillary Services Team, are offering an opportunity for a 10 hours per week, Part-Time Premise Cleaner, at our Thirsk Ambulance Station on a Fixed term 6 month contract with a potential for extension or as permanent status in March 2023
- Monday Wednesday Friday (3x2 Hours) 6 hours per week between 07:00 14:00 hours
Working days and times are dependent upon provision required, due to the Yorkshire Ambulance Service being a 24/7 Emergency Service.
Bank Holiday working maybe required to meet operational needs
A physical capability assessment (PCA) is mandatory to this role, prior to any unconditional offer of employment and will require ongoing future PCAs whilst in employment and a basic IT assessment (Opening files and E mails access); as time sheets and all mandatory training is on-line.
Please ensure you read and understand the attached job description before completing your application. Completion of the Supporting Information section within your application is essential and should include all relevant experience, knowledge to match the person specification within the job description.
Main duties of the job
Duties will include:
- To undertake cleaning, decontamination, and other associated tasks to meet the high standards of cleanliness and Infection, Prevention and Control measures required across our stations and sites.
- To ensure that all activities are performed in line with the Trust Cleaning Protocols, procedures and specific daily work schedules. Achieving and maintaining all required standards of cleanliness across the organization. Our cleaning schedules include; entrances and foyers, public and staff washrooms/toilets, kitchens, canteens/restaurant’s, gym's, shower rooms, training rooms, corridors, stairs, landings, lifts, offices, contact centers, storerooms, dirty utility rooms, crew rooms, external areas and other associated areas.
- To ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials are maintained and to record all daily activities. This will include urgent spillage cleaning and deep cleaning where identified.
You will be required to undertake basic IT awareness and undertake Mandatory training as identified by the Trust
- Use of basic IT, computer access and inputting of information is essential, Emails and time sheets
- Our Mandatory training package includes NVQ Level 2 & NCFE IPC level 2
Working for our organisation
We provide all the associated benefits of working within the NHS and are looking for staff who can demonstrate within application and interview they meet our Trust values.
- One Team
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification, for a full breakdown of duties and requirements within this role
When completing this application, please ensure you read the person specification and ensure you identify how you meet these specifications within your application.
A flexible and can-do attitude towards ad-hoc changes in scheduled work, and any potential alternative location support cover within your shift is required. As short notice changers can occur, due to the required site support needs and the nature of the Emergency Services health care provision.
Can you work alone to effectively plan essential given tasks to ensure overall completion, within limited time restraints and communicate effectively with senior staff?
Successful candidate will be required to undertake a 12-15 minute Physical capability assessment at our Leeds Area Response Centre.
Experience & work achievements
- Previous workplace premise cleaning experience within last two years.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake role specific training including NVQ 2 Cleaning & Support Services or agreed equivalent.
- Flexibility to work out of hours to meet service and development/training requirements
- Current ‘B’ Class driving Licence which is valid in the UK.
Knowledge & education
- Good literacy and numerical skills in order to complete daily worksheets and reports.
- Basic IT Skills including use of keyboard, hand held data devices and telephones.
- Awareness of Workplace Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments and IP&C preferably associated to standard procedures and practices within the cleaning services sector
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rachel Appleton
- Job title
- Area Ancillary Supervisor
- Email address
- Telephone number