Estates Operational Services Officer - Ventilation/HVAC/BMS
NHS AfC: Band 6
''A great place to be cared for; a great place to work''
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay has been nationally recognised as the UK’s most inclusive NHS organisation. As such we have a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from likeminded people who can support our ambition to become effortlessly inclusive. We are particularly keen to hear from protected groups – including BAME, LGBT+ and people with a disability.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic person to work in the Estates department at Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
You should be experienced, time served and suitably qualified in electrical or mechanical engineering with a HVAC or BMS background.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of ventilation and BMS services at the RLI.
You should also be proficient in small scale installation work on electrical or mechanical services, plant and equipment at the Hospital and other local health care premises.
Working for our organisation
Anyone newly appointed to the trust will be subject to the completion of a satisfactory 6 month probationary period (this includes bank staff). This will give the new staff member an opportunity to become familiar with the role and working environment.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Flexible working will be required where you will assist other trades and undertake other tasks to maintain the building services.
Education & Qualifications
- Recognised craft apprenticeship or equivalent training and relevant certification.
- NVQ3, HNC / ONC or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- AP Qualification
- Management qualification
- Corporate membership of an appropriate body
- Recognised H&S qualification
- Authorised Person for specialist NHS Plant and Equipment
- Experience of working in engineering or building services / installation in a Management position.
- IT skills
- Healthcare experience and a thorough knowledge of HTM 01 to 08
- A thorough knowledge of statutory and mandatory regulations
- Financial management
- Staff management.
Skills, ability & knowledge
- Good communication on all levels.
- The ability to analyse data, technical drawings and complex instructions.
- To be able analyse problems, to think quickly and respond to difficult and contentious questions and situations.
- Proven negotiating skills
- Proven leadership and Team Building Skills.
- Ability to comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures including Governance and Standing Financial Instructions.
- To demonstrate flexibility in approach to work patterns.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Keith McIntyre
- Job title
- Engineering Manager
- Email address
- Additional information
Keith McIntyre - firstname.lastname@example.org