Crynodeb o'r swydd
SABR Advanced Practitioner Radiotherapy
Trosolwg o'r swydd
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Band 7 Advanced Practitioner specialising in stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) to join our work force and be part of a friendly and patient focused Radiotherapy Team.
Applicants will lead the expansion of our SABR service and therefore must have substantial clinical experience within the radiotherapy setting, be adaptable to support service needs and able to communicate effectively with all members of the Oncology team.
The department is innovative and has developed the service it delivers to embrace new technology, offering IMRT, VMAT, DIBH, IGRT, SABR and 4DCT/4DCBCT.
Prif ddyletswyddau'r swydd
Applicants would be expected to:
- To be the lead practitioner for developing, implementing and maintaining radiotherapy treatment techniques, standards /practices for SABR.
- To lead departmental wide research in the development of radiotherapy technique for SABR. Take part in research and audit as appropriate to area of work to ensure that radiotherapy practice undertaken is evidence based and liaise with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To act as technical SABR radiotherapy advisor within the radiotherapy department.
- To be responsible for supporting radiotherapy service development through the clinical implementation of technical development strategies and/or process change.
- To be responsible for highly specialised training requirements for radiotherapy staff and students with regard to new techniques.
- To develop and implement policies and procedures following change of practices and innovation within the service as required
- To assist the Radiotherapy Operations Manager in the implementation and management of change within the radiotherapy service
Gweithio i'n sefydliad
The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS trusts in the West Midlands providing primary, acute and community services and we are incredibly proud of the diversity of both our staff and the communities we serve. We are building a workforce that can help us to fulfil our values, improve quality of care for patients, and solve the health care problems of tomorrow. We’re passionate about the value that diversity of thinking and lived experience brings in enabling us to become a learning organisation and leader in delivering compassionate care for our patients.
We are delighted that we have been rated as “Good” by CQC. We have achieved numerous awards; The Nursing Times Best Diversity and Inclusion Practice and Best UK Employer of the Year for Nursing Staff in 2020.
The Trust is a supportive working environment committed to creating flexible working arrangements that suit your needs and as such will consider all requests from applicants who wish to work flexibly.
Swydd ddisgrifiad a phrif gyfrifoldebau manwl
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist in the provision of all aspects of the radiotherapy service to ensure the highest quality patient care with continuous collaboration/co-operation with other Band 7 staff to ensure a seamless service.
- To support responsible for managing and coordinating the day to day delivery of radiotherapy treatment across all Radiotherapy Treatment Units in accordance with the policies of the Directorate and the trust.
- To Liaise with and work alongside medical physics and medical staff to develop appropriate clinical treatment pathways for new technologies, ensuring that national recommendations and guidelines are incorporated.
- To provide expert support for radiotherapy treatment delivery and facilitate the development of new practice models.
- To act as expert advisor within area of radiotherapy techniques to assist the strategic planning and long term goals of the radiotherapy service
- To write, maintain and develop protocols and procedures for SABR and associated radiotherapy technique, to guide multidisciplinary staff.
- To develop, implement and maintain training programs for all new innovative techniques and technical developments associated with SABR.
- To take an active part in the strategic planning of the radiotherapy service, to include presentations and formal meetings as required.
- To fully participate in the clinical rota, including any shift patterns and on- call rota.
- To participate in the radiographer and student training programs, supervising and demonstrating procedures to qualified and/or unqualified staff as required.
- To be responsible for ensuring all aspects of training for all radiotherapy staff on all treatment units is completed particularly pertinent to new techniques/developments.
- To work in liaison with all disciplines in implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating clinical and technical requirements to ensure optimum service quality.
- To undertake clinical audits as required to monitor practice.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of clinical/technical developments, attending such courses/in service training as indicated by the need of the service.
- To bring to the attention of the Head of Radiotherapy, Radiotherapy Operations Manager, Superintendent Radiographers and Consultant Clinical Oncologists any matter of clinical concern.
- To support Radiographers in maintaining and developing professional and personal skills and standards.
- To liaise with all other disciplines/specialties/voluntary agencies as required.
- To provide in liaison with the Radiotherapy Operations Manager and Band 7 Radiographers, the daily effective, efficient and patient centered radiotherapy treatments.
- To participate in recruitment, selection and induction of junior staff.
- To undertake annual staff appraisal and performance review and ensure personal development plans are in place.
- To maintain accurate departmental records and statistics, producing management information on activity and workforce as required.
- To be responsible for the compliance of staff with all statutory and local regulations.
- To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- To assist the governance lead in clinical governance and risk management issues.
- To play an active role in the formal quality assurance programs.
- To cover and liaise with other Advanced Practitioners in their absence
- To demonstrate a continuous process of professional and personal development in order to develop own and others skills and be aware of the changing needs of the
- To play an active role in the training and development of all staff and students during their clinical duties.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and it may be reviewed and altered in the light of changed service needs and developments after discussion with the post holder.
Manyleb y person
Meini prawf hanfodol
- BSc Hons Radiotherapy
Meini prawf dymunol
- MSc Hons Radiotherapy or working towards qualification
Meini prawf hanfodol
- At least 5 years experience working as a Therapeutic Radiographer (at least 2 years in a senior role)
Meini prawf dymunol
- Experience of Stereotactic Radiotherapy and service development
Rhaid i chi gael cofrestriad proffesiynol priodol yn y DU.
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr 1974 (Eithriadau) 1975 (Diwygio) (Cymru a Lloegr) 2020 a bydd angen cyflwyno Datgeliad i'r Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Melissa Matthews
- Teitl y swydd
- Radiotherapy Operations Manager
- Cyfeiriad ebost
- Rhif ffôn
- 01902 695247