An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced Dietitian with good general experience and knowledge of nutrition support to work within our department.
You will be responsible for the nutrition service to the COVID Surge Facility. You will work within a department of 80+ Dietitians and provide the link for COVID Nutrition Services from ICU to Ward level and on to discharge liaising with outside agencies as appropriate. It is expected that adult COVID patient numbers will continue to be unpredictable. During quieter times, dietetic care will include more specialist areas such as Neurology / Neurosurgery or Oncology, as directed by the Principal Oncology Dietitian.
You will be required to contribute to MDTs, audit/research and be part of the development of guidelines and patient information.
Main duties of the job
To act as part of the dietetic team and in conjunction with existing Dietitians across the adult teams to provide specialist dietetic services to the Addenbrooke’s and other external agencies and hospitals as appropriate.
To work within a multi professional framework and contribute to a first class service through evidence based clinical practice, management, education, research and audit. To set and work toward individual and team objectives that reflect corporate plans and work within the clinical governance framework.
Working for our organisation
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people – patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing ‘outstanding’ care to our patients and rated ‘Good’ overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH’s values – Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent – are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS clearance and as a result, you will be required to pay the associated fee of £40.00. This fee will be deducted from your second month’s salary.
The closing date is 29 September 2021.
Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
For further details of our fantastic benefits please refer to the attachment below - CUH Benefits.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.
- • State Registered Dietitian • Appropriate degree/diploma to post graduate level such as Diploma in Advanced dietetic Practice or equivalent level of knowledge and experience • Evidence of CPD (portfolio)
- • Training / further study • BDA group member – gastro / critical care / neurosciences
- • Good general experience • Nutrition support experience • Proven development work in either speciality, or can demonstrate the potential from transferable specialisms
- • Oncology, COVID, rehabilitation and/or neurosciences experience • MDT work • Student Training experience • Talks and Group work
- • Be prepared to deal with sensitive issues • Be able to concentrate through occasional emotional and distressing interviews • Able to convey complex ideas in easily understood language • Be able to function in clinical situations with many people present
- • Computer literate, knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel • Able to be adaptable to be able to learn new computerised programmes, e.g. EPIC
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sam Grimes
- Job title
- Principal Oncology Dietitian
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01223 216655