Infection Prevent & Control Nurse Specialist
Infection Prevent & Control Nurse Specialist (1 year fixed term)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding infection control team at Great Ormond Street Hospital. This is a 1 year fixed term role to support the Trust during the pandemic.
We are seeking an individual who has previous experience as an infection control nurse, or worked within an infection control team or an experienced infection control link nurse who may be looking for a developmental opportunity. We are looking for a motivated practitioner who is passionate about infection control.
The role will primarily focus on supporting the clinical infection control service related to:
- Staff testing- The post holder with actively assist with test and trace service provision.
- Surveillance of alert organisms and assistance with the investigation of healthcare associated infections.
- Respond to outbreaks- Clinical support and response to outbreaks of infection across the trust.
- Fit testing- To contribute to the leadership and management of fit testing for staff.
- Support educational components of pandemic in relation to the needs to the staff.
You can make a real difference in the battle against covid-19, come and join us in the fast lane.
This post will close on 1st November 2020 Interviews will take place on 5th November 2020.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Helen Dunn
- Job title
- Consultant Nurse and Director of Infection Prevention & Control
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0207 813 8443