Crynodeb o'r swydd
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, employing over 28,000 staff.
We are responsible for running a family of ten hospitals across seven separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialised regional and national services.
We are the main provider of hospital care to approximately 750,000 people in Manchester and Trafford and the single biggest provider of specialised services in the North West of England. We are also the lead provider for a significant number of specialised services including Breast Care, Vascular, Cardiac, Respiratory, Urology Cancer, Paediatrics, Women’s Services, Ophthalmology and Genomic Medicine.
Our vision is to improve the health and quality of life of our diverse population by building an organisation that:
- Excels in quality, safety, patient experience, research, innovation and teaching
- Attracts, develops and retains great people
- Is recognised internationally as a leading healthcare provider.
The Neurogastroenterology unit at Wythenshawe Hospital is looking to recruit a Research Assistant to provide support for its research programme. The post holder will be involved in the day to day workings of several clinical trials. The unit cares for patients with functional gastrointestinal disorders and receives referrals of complex cases from all over the United Kingdom. The research programme is primarily concerned with the clinical, epidemiological and pathophysiological aspects of these functional gastrointestinal disorders. In addition we undertake clinical trials investigating potential new medications to treat these conditions.
We would expect the post holder to have experience in working in a clinical trial environment. Knowledge or experience in the field of Gastroenterology would be desirable. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, is essential
Manyleb y person
Expereince, Qualifications, other skills
Meini prawf hanfodol
- Degree in an appropriate Health Science subject or equivalent
- Knowledge of clinical governance and research methodology
- Knowledge and experience in clinical research
- Good Clinical Practice Training completed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills including time management, prioritising
- Strong I.T and literacy skills
- Data interpretation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work independently and use initiative
- Flexible and adaptable in approach and willingness to learn
Meini prawf dymunol
- Qualification in a relevant discipline or working towards one
- Evidence of published research
- Knowledge or experience in Gastroenterology
- Evidence of research submissions to ethics.
- Implemented research into practice and dealt with the administrative demands and deadlines
- Experience in collection, handling and storage of biological samples (blood/stool/urine/sputum)
- Experience in building contacts and participating in internal and external networks for the exchange of information and collaboration.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Mae'r swydd hon yn ddarostyngedig i Orchymyn Deddf Adsefydlu Troseddwyr 1974 (Eithriadau) 1975 (Diwygio) (Cymru a Lloegr) 2020 a bydd angen cyflwyno Datgeliad i'r Gwasanaeth Datgelu a Gwahardd.
Dogfennau i'w lawrlwytho
Rhagor o fanylion / cyswllt ar gyfer ymweliadau anffurfiol
- Sharon Archbold
- Teitl y swydd
- Neurogastroenterology Team Leader
- Cyfeiriad ebost
Os ydych yn cael problemau'n gwneud cais, cysylltwch â
- Rhif ffôn